Chapter Two

S2E1
                       Bonding Time

You woke up ready and hyped for your next shift. You greet Delilah as you normally do and make yourself some tea. Since you woke up earlier than usual you take a morning jog with Delilah. Afterwards you take a quick shower and head to work

A little into the shift, you're stretching next to Eddie as you get ready to workout for a bit. He starts boxing and you guys make some small talk about how your morning went "I woke up early so I took Delilah on a walk this morning, it was nice" He raises his eyebrows at you "Delilah?", "Yeah, she's a border collie, I've had here for two or three years now" he smiles as you show him a picture "She's cute!" You giggle at his sweet reaction. Buck walks in between you two and grabs some weights and you both go back to what you were doing.

Chimney, who just walked over shakes his head as Buck walks back to his place. He starts taking pictures of himself all buffed up and you hold back a laugh as Eddie gives him pointers "Your in the wrong light man" he disregards the advice "Some of us don't need lighting to look good" You decide it's best to stay out of it and put on your headphones and start blasting some Doja Cat.

You get drawn back in when you see Eddie walk over to Buck and see him stand up assertively. You take your headphones off one ear to listen to what's happening and hear Eddie bring up Buck's ex girlfriend who he has seemed to realize is an ex yet. You put your headphones back on and ignore the two.

You guys are called to a scene and when you walk in it like a military museum in the guys house. You guys follow a voice calling for help in the back of the house. Bobby calls out "Hey, what's your name sir?", "Charlie" he groans in pain. He goes on saying how he's a collector and he was cleaning a grenade when it suddenly went off.

You guys get him set up to transport. "Buck, I want you to travel with him to the hospital and help Emery and Eddie keep him stable" he get visibly frustrated "Copy that, Cap", "Hey, gotta learn to play nice. It's one team Buck" Cap says in reply. As you're checking Charlie's vitals Buck makes small talk with Eddie. Buck starts comparing his experience against Eddies "What are we measuring here, Buck?" You give them both a glare that makes them focus. Suddenly Eddie notices that the explosive is live and demands the ambulance pulls over.

The bomb squad confirms that the round is live. As they talk you walk towards Charlie and talk to him to keep him calm. You walk back over as you hear Eddie volunteering to go and pull the round out. "I can do it" without questioning anything you join in "I'll help. I can keep him calm", "I'm in" Buck quick states. As the bomb squad gives you instructions and you gear up Bobby pulls you aside "You don't have to do this Em" you chuckle "Who said I didn't want to, don't worry Bobby, I'll be careful" You join Eddie and Buck in the ambulance and start talking the Charlie to keep his mind off of the situation. He talks about his wife and his history with the military and how he couldn't join due to an enlarged heart. "You ready?" Eddie asks "Ready as we'll ever be" Eddie pulls out the round very slowly and places it in the box Buck is holding. As Buck closes the box, the round rolls and you take a sharp breath. You guys get Charlie out and get him to the hospital "See, told you it would work out" you reassure him with a smile.

You walk back towards Buck and Eddie, "You're badass under pressure, brother" you give a gentle hum in agreement "Me?" He smiles gently "Hell yeah. You can have my back any day", "Mine as well, you were impressive back there" you pat his arm "Yeah, well you know, or you guys could have mine" "Deal" you both say and shake hands. You stand between Buck and Eddie as Bobby comes over and praises you all on a job well done. Suddenly the ambulance explodes and you jump back and trip into Buck and he grabs you. You look up at him as your back is against his chest and quickly step back and dust off your vest "Sorry-", "You oka-" You both say at the same time creating a kind of awkward silence. Eddie breaks it by throwing his arm over your shoulder "You guys hungry?" You raise an eyebrow at him for his bad timing.

Your watching Hen and Chim go through his photos for the calendar submission and you and Hen aren't super into it since you both think the whole thing is stupid "You guys don't think I have a chance, do you?" You sigh and Hen replies "Its not that, I just think the whole thing is stupid", "Yeah, I think it's ridiculous and it just exploits the whole uniform attraction theory" He closes the computer after thinking for a minute and decides he's not gonna do it.

Another shift rolls along and you guys get called to a YouTube video gone wrong and kid has his head cemented in a microwave. "What the hell were they thinking you ask Eddie as the go to the back of the house "I don't think they were thinking Em"

Cap starts talking you all through the plan to get him out when the kid starts panicking and starts choking on his own saliva. Through a blind panic the kid stands up and die to being too heavy fell into the pool. Buck and Eddie quickly jump in and lift him out but the fall into the pool cut the time you had from 30 minutes to 30 seconds. "Please don't let him die, he's my best friend since kindergarten" you try not to react to the stupidity of the situation. Buck and Bobby break the concrete of the poor kids head and after a few seconds the kid wakes up. Suddenly the other kid goes from panicking to filming, Bobby gets annoyed and takes the kids phone. He then drop kicks it into the pool.

Buck starts pestering Eddie about nicknames again "What about G.I. Like G.I. Joe?" You just shake you head disapprovingly "Sounds like gastrointestinal" Hen chimes in "Ew" You scrunch your nose in disgust "Yeah, I don't think so" Bobby comes up the stairs announcing that he has the winner of the calendar spot. "No hard feelings on whoever won" they fist bump "Good, cause they didn't pick you" Buck starts congratulating Eddie but Cap suddenly stops him tell him he didn't win either. He looks over at Chimney "Congrats Chim, or should I say Mr. April" Everybody starts congratulating him and making calendar jokes. Suddenly Athena comes walking in "Hope I'm not interrupting anything" by Bobby walks over to her and they talk for a minute and then kiss "Yes!" you say as Hen and you spin around to the rest "Pay up!", "Wait a minute, you knew?" Bobby says shocked and Hen and you explain your reasoning. You follow Buck and Eddie as Chimney starts questioning Hen on how he won.

You flop down on your couch in exhaustion and cuddle up with Delilah not in the mood to make anything to eat, just as your about to order in you hear a knock at the door.

You open the door to be greet by Buck and take out bags "What are you doing here?" You ask genuinely confused "Eddie said you told him you were way too tired and were complaining about being hungry so I figured I'd help out" You smile at how caring he's being "Sweet, thank you" You walk back over to the couch with him following you as Delilah wakes up and excitedly greet him "She likes you!" You say a little shocked "She doesn't always like men", "Good to know" he says back, gently petting her as she wiggles around.

After Delilah calms down and you guys finish eating you sit next to each other while watching a movie "Hey" he whispers "hm?" You say in reply and meet eyes with him "I'm sorry for how I acted when you first started, I was being judgmental and rude" you give him a gentle look "Don't sweat it, we're good now" you say and lean your head on his shoulder while focusing back on the movie. He looks at you and admires your features for a minute before quickly focusing back on the movie 'Shit' he thinks as your suddenly the only thing on his mind.

After the movie you both say your goodbyes and hug, except it was a bit of a long hug. You take a second and admire his bulky but gentle stance and how his heart beats as your head is against his chest. You tell him to drive safe and he responds telling you to sleep well, 'Shit' you think as he's suddenly the only thing on you mind 'This can't be good'
-
Slow burn! I love little moments like this in movies where they both start catching feelings but don't notice each other doing the same :)

I'm gonna start posting weekly but I wanted to get a second chapter out to kick start the book

Next episode is 7.1, get ready for some good old fashioned drama and trauma! Buckle up ;)