Chapter 9

January 3, 2019

Margot's pov
I am so excited. We're picking up the puppies today! Tom and I made our ways down the stairs and see mom making breakfast.

"Good morning" mom said

"Good morning" Tom and I said.

"So Micheal called me this morning and he'll drop y/n off a bit before noon so we can celebrate her birthday. So does everyone have their presents?" Mom asked.

Me and Tom have something else for her present since we won't be able to get the dogs till this weekend.

"yea we do." I answered for the both of us.

"Anya and I were planning to go to the mall this morning if anyone would like to come." Cameron said.

"Wow you two are always last minute." Lachlan said. Which was immediately met with a pillow being thrown into his face.

"Mature." Lachlan said after.

Cameron got up with another pillow.

"Cameron not before breakfast" mom told him.

"You're adopted" Cameron said and ran off.

We had waffles, eggs, and bacon. Anya, Cameron, Tom, and I went into the car. We already had gotten her a Polaroid Camera with some film but we need a bag to put it in and a card. We decided to got to Target since it's the nearest store here.

Once we got there Tom and I decided we would go to the aisle where they have the bags and card then check out and get Starbucks while waiting for the other two to get there presents for y/n

We ended up just going with a simple purple bag with a cute card. We check out and got our drinks and sat down in the corner.

"What do you think her reaction will be when she gets the dog?" Tom asked.

" I think she'll be very excited." I replied.

"I hope so. And hopefully your mom will enjoy her dog to." He said

"I think she will. She lives on her own and I think having a dog with her will keep her company when we or my siblings aren't visiting." I replied.

"Do you think y/n would ever go to Australia to visit your family after we all leave?" He asked softly.

"I hope so. I have a feeling she would want to be able to talk to all of us and be able to be around us in person. It helps the way she goes to school so we don't have to wait till summer or holidays or long weekends. But if anything we would of course visit her." I told him as he nodded along.

"We could always fly her out to California when we're there." He said

"I would love to have her just with us. I love everyone  but I want to have some one-on-one time with her." I told him.

"She's a very social person so I think she would love being around all of you in person." I nodded as he said that.

"She's my little bunny now" I said with a smile.

I can't wait to see her today. I can't believe shes 12 years old.

"Oh shit we need to get her a cake or something to celebrate her birthday."
How could I forget about that.

"Did anyone else think about that? Maybe one of your siblings got it?"
Tom replied.

"Hold on let me text everyone." I said as I open my phone.

Fam damily chat 💕💕

Margot: hey did anyone get y/n a birthday cake?

Mom: oh shot i didn't think about that.

Cameron: I could call a bakery and ask if they could make a cake really quick.

Lachlan: make sure it's appropriate for a 12 year old. 🤨🤨

Cameron: Don't worry I will.

Mom: Cameron she's still a child. Make it a chocolate cake with white frosting.

Cameron: No problem.

"Cameron slid handling it." I said

"Should we be trusting him to do that?" He asked

"Ehh it's 50/50 with him. Sometimes he knows when to not mess around but other times he likes to push buttons. Either way if he mess it up we get cake mix and make it ourselves" . I said. He nodded along.

After some time they finish shopping and went back home and everyone made sure they had their presents ready and on the diner table.

Cameron and Lachlan left to go get the cake from the bakery. They came back and we all check the cake to make sure someone mess it up. Definitely not someone like Cameron. But he actually made it good. It was a chocolate cake with white frosting with some flowers on the edges with some writing in the middle wishing  her a happy birthday. It was very pretty.

Mom decided to go pick her up.

Y/n pov

I'm excited because I'm celebrating my birthday with the other side of the family. My birthday was yesterday but I'm celebrating with mom and my other siblings.

I was waiting in the living room with my siblings watching a kids show. Then there was a knock. My dad went to answer it. I slowly came up behind them.

"Hold on hon. I have to talk to your mom really quick." Dad said and he went outside to talk to her. I wonder what they could be talking about. I waited on the stairs.

My dad came back in after a couple minutes.

" come on honey." Mom said with a smile holding her hand out.

"See you kiddo." Dad said.

I wave and went to hold mom hand. We went to the car.

"What did dad talk to about" i asked.

"Oh I think that would be better if both me and your dad sat you down and talk to about that."

I nodded. We made it the house and we made it inside. I hugged everyone. We decide to go out to lunch at Olive Garden. Everything was delicious but couldn't finish all my food. We then came back and open presents. I love everything they got me.