♔ 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐌𝐞...

"𝒴ℴ𝓊 𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓃ℯ𝒹 𝓂ℯ 𝒴𝓊 𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓋𝓇𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒜𝓃𝒹 𝓃ℴ𝓌 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓁𝓁 𝓌𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶𝓈 𝓈ℯ𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝓌ℴ𝓇𝓁𝒹 𝓃 𝒻𝒾𝓇ℯ"

Your fingers tapped on your phone as you laid lazily on your brother's bed. You nodded your head, listening to the beat of your music, of course you kept it on low goo like just in case.

"Ilima (ilima), pass me a towel!" You heard as Xander yelled from the bathroom. Getting up quickly you grabbed a towel, tapping on the shower door to give it to him.

"Why didn't you get it before?" You asked, as you gave him the towel, although you were his younger sister, by at least 6 years, it seemed you were always taking care of him.

"Because I forgot, simple." He stated as he snatched it, just as you were heading out the door you felt water fall on you.

"Hey!" You scolded, only to hear Xander's laughter from the other side of the door. Siblings are going to be siblings.

You had to admit, you were pretty excited for your brother, he had recently told you he had signed up to play with a new team, and you were eager to know which one.

Not that you anything against the Red Sox's, but they kinda sucked and weren't the best to Xander. (Bare with me)

As you set your phone down, you stood up to get a drink of water. Coming from the hall was Xander, hair completely wet, yet changed. Why don't men dry their hair?

"Finally you don't smell like Sox's" You joked, you weren't the best at puns, but you had to give it a try.

"That was terrible." Xander cringed, before breaking into a smile. "Ready for the reveal!" He asked as he rubbed his hands together. He walked over and gave you a box.

"What the f*ck is this? A gender reveal?" You laughed. "If your pregnant then I swear."

Xander burst out laughing at your comments, before tying his hardest to straighten out his complexion. "Let's be serious for once." He managed to choke out.

"Wishing for the impossible." You grinned.

"Just open the damn box!" He shouted. "Jeez!" With that he threw his arms up.

You untied the ribbon of the box, opening it to see a card. Lifting the sides up, you read the card quickly, since it was pretty straight forward.

THE TEAM IM JOINING IS...

DRUMROLL!

THE SAN DIEGO PADRES!

You looked up and beamed at Xander, seeing that he also had a huge grin plastered on his face.

"This is great!" Placing the box down, you walked over to give your brother a hug.

Xander chuckled as he returned the hug, speaking once you pulled away. "Yeah, it is pretty cool. I'm actually starting this week."

Your eyes glimmered at his words. "Does that mean I get to go to the games?" You asked.

"For free? Yes. Pretty sure I could get you some V.I.P stuff." He smiled cheekily, walking over to give you a hair ruffle.

"Tomorrow we're playing at 1:30 so you better be ready!" He shouted as he walked to his room.

"We live in the same house!" You exclaimed, you brother only laughed in return.

~

Waking up the next morning you walked into the kitchen to see a note. Basically it stated that Xander was out practicing and wouldn't be back, he said he'd meet you at the stadium. You huffed as you still didn't know your way around and hoped your brother would be the one to show you.

As much as the two of you bickered, you loved Xander more than anything. He was the stone in your world, keeping you steady on the entire slanted plate.

With that you decided to just get ready now, might as well. While you dried your hair you thoughts danced in your mind. Seemingly, one particular one struck you.

You had the idea of searching up the Padres team.

Although the whole point of this was to let them for the first time, you wanted to at least know some of their names. Of course you remembered some from the times Xander went against them, but you needed a refresher.

Looking through your phone you recognized some of the players, some by friendship and others just by seeing their face twice. But then your breath hitched, you almost had to blink again to make sure this was real.

Juan Soto.

Your face grimaced at the sight of him, many would disagree with you but you absolutely hated Juan. To your peachy luck, he had just recently joined the Padres too. Surprise surprise...how lovely.

Slapping down your phone you made the hard effort to finish getting ready without another thought.

~

1:15 p.m.

As you started your car and, well, put on the directions, you couldn't help but think of Juan. Not many good memories came to mind, but they sure did keep you occupied.

For a moment you didn't realize how fast you were driving, before you glanced down at the needle. Slowing down, you breathed in.

This was for your brother, if he's happy, you're happy.

Rounding the corner, you parked the car and walked out.

"Ilima! I'm by—-uh—just follow my voice!" You heard Xander yell. Laughing for once, you walked in the way of his sound.

"Hey." You said as you came closer to him.

"Ready to meet my new team?" He asked as he cheekily smiled.

With a nod of the head you both walked into the dugout. Immediately all eyes were on you.

However the only thing you couldn't stop repeating on your head was,

Don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me...

Preferably to Juan Soto.

But then he turned and looked at you dead in the eye.

Little did she know her world was going to be lit on fire.

Sorry guys for not posting! I've been sort of busy and since this is an entire new story, I've been trying to think of how it's going to play out, please let me know how it is...when I do eventually release more chapters.

Xoxo