Chapter 25

Stepping into wrong train was not what we meant when we said, 'nothing adventurous happened at all'. 

And standing on the platform in the middle of 'god knows where' after a hectic morning was the last thing I wanted in my high heels. 

"My feet hurt," I cry out as I lean against the wall. 

While we were trying to recover from the first bomb thrown upon us about being in the wrong train, the lady launched another bomb in her melodious voice, 'This train will not go further. Please step out of the train. I repeat, this train will not go further Seelampur. Kindly evacuate.' 

Panic would be an understatement. 

I WAS FREAKING OUT.

I don't know what would have happened if Zoe was not here. Either she was really calm or just pretending good enough. But the bottom line is, her calming state helped me out whatsoever. 

And now here we are, standing at the platform trying to figure out the route to home. 

"Who told you to wear heels," she put her hands on her waist. 

"I didn't knew we will have sucha roller coaster day. I thought we will just take books and go home." My hands roam around in air. "I should have worn my sneakers. There's not even a bench here." I muttered resting forehead against the cold wall. "I just wish my prince charming comes and rescue me while taking in his arms. Or we just teleport." I looked up when I received no response from her and turned around, eyes scanning for my vanished sister in the middle of the platform. 

The last thing I want is to be lost alone

My eyes rests on her face as she was talking to a stranger asking about route. 

"Looks like there's no prince charming coming for us and we gotta save ourselves on our own," I mumbled setting my back straight against the wall, and walked towards her. 

.
.
.

"No mam, you were on the right platform, but you just missed your stop. So now to reach ***** station you need to take this platform and.....," the man on the emergency counter was explaining to Zoe as she nodded, while I was just focusing on surviving and dragging my bruised toes to follow wherever she goes. 

"Yo cousin, we got this. Follow me," after finishing her conversation she turns towards me and grabs my hand, dragging me with her. 

We jump on the train full of people with no seats available, and grab the pole in the corner. The moment our eyes met, we burst into laughter.

"God, this was insane," Zoe muttered after we got our breath in control and I rested my head on the cold pole, closing my eyes.

"I'm standing right now because of you. Especially your calm state helped me."

"I looked calm?" she looked surprised. 

"It seemed so," I shrugged. 

"I pretend good then, because I was not calm at all." She shook her head.

"Still. You saved me whatsoever. I don't know what would have happened to me if I was alone."

"You can never get lost in metro cousin. There's always a route."

"These names are confusing as heck. This station, that platform, this line, that exit. God!" I groaned.

"You haven't traveled much in the metro na, that's why you get confused."

"Hmm."

"It would be easy for you once you get habitual to it."

"Yeah. Hopefully soon."