1. Muddy Shoes

The moon was out, making it's presence known in the dark sky. Lights illuminated the large city as if the sun hadn't been swallowed by the horizon. Yet it was late, chatter filled the streets as the cities night life was out to make the evening theirs. Many set of feet traveled along the crowded sidewalks and streets of the still alive city.

One set of feet did not belong. In the crowded streets, metal claws clanged on the sidewalk. Pedestrians stepping out of the way, allowing the metal claws to keep making their way down the street. The claws were dirty, filled with mud, blood, and rust over taking the metal claws.

Eyes dark as midnight had its sight ahead down the street. They were dark as if the being didn't have a soul inside the matted dark green fur. Like the claws on its feet, the fur was filled with mud and blood. It's hands covered in rust. Yet, it kept moving despite the damage it was in. It needed rest. But it couldn't stop.

If it stopped, it knew it was done for.

I don't know where I'm going

The beast stopped moving. Standing in the middle of the crowd. It's eyes just staring ahead. It stood there almost lifeless. People stopped to stare at the beast. They knew who the beast was. But to see it so docile, it was a rare sight. It's hands rested at its sides. It's ears drooped down. A mixture of blood and water dripping off it's clawed fingers down to the ground.

I wish I can find another way.

A young man reached his hand out, bringing hand towards the beasts jagged sharp rusted maw. The beast leaned forward, falling right onto the concrete. The civilians around the beast just watched as it laid there, letting the concrete jungle claim it.

But I'm not alive

I'm already dead

A man knelt down, rolling the beast onto his back, exposing its belly. Examining the beast condition, he heard sirens in the background. This is what it needed, despite what it thought. It was hard to tell if the blood on the beast belong to it or something else. Knowing about the beats hunts, it's no doubt that it belonged to the beast and it's victims.

The beast let out small breaths as it was sleeping at any moment it could rise and attack. But that moment, never came.