5. Worlds Away

Seeing his old classmates wasnt a problem at all. Every now and then they come in and out of the support shop wanting adjustments to their hero costumes. It was the actual talking to them. He didn't feel like it. But, he had promised himself that he would do so. He sat there, waiting and waiting for the first student to walk through the door. It didn't matter which one it was, he would talk to them. Wether it be Uraraka or even koda.

It felt like forever as he stared at the door. They might not even come today or even tomorrow.  But that was just an excuse not to speak to them. He could easily go up to their dorm and knock on the door. But his mind was telling him not to. As he waited, he sketched out some ideas he had in his notebook. It was mostly nonsense and gibberish.

Thankfully, someone had finally walked into the support shop. It wasn't exactly who he had expected to walk in. But, he'd have to make due with What he is given. Taking a deep breath and remembering what Melissa had told him, he stood up and started walking.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you have something stronger. They offer my ears vocal protection. But with how power his explosions are, it just shattered" Jiro spoke as she held up her destroyed headphones.

"I can definitely look into something stronger but offers the same vocal protection. Thanks for bringing up here" the female support student gladly took the headphones and revamp the design of it. "I just need you to fill out of a information sheet for me"

"Of course" Jiro took a slip of paper from the girl and walked off to use an empty desk to write on.

"Miles wouldn't like it if you used his desk" Midoryia spoke up, leaning up against the same desk, causing Jiro to jump slightly

"Jeezus" Jiro whispered, putting a hand on her chest

"for someone with a hearing quirk, your easy to scare" Midoryia joked with his ex classmate. He was doing it. He was finally speaking to one of his old classmates for the first time in whoever knows long.

"Yeah, well it's kind of hard when you lose some  of your hearing abilities" Jiro regained herself, looking up at Midoryia. From her right ear, a long earphone Jack hanged from her ear. While half of her ear was missing on her left, including a missing earphone Jack.

"Uh, how's the ear?" Midoryia asked, slightly nervous as he knew it was a touchy subject

"It's healed. How are the arms? See you still haven't taken them off" Jiro asked, pointing out Midoryia's bandages arms.

"Well, they're healed aswell. But-"

"You don't want people to see them." Jiro finished his sentence. "I get it. I was the same way. Hiding my ear."

"Well, it's not like it's the first time getting a scar" midoryia chuckled, trying to joke with Jiro. Even though it clearly wasn't working as Jiro let out a sigh while filling out the paper work. It was silent for a moment as they didn't really know what to say to each other. While Midoryia and Jiro were friends, they weren't exactly close as he was to Todoroki and Iida.

"I gotta go. Ashido and Yaoyorozu are waiting for me. But, you should stop by later. Were having soba for dinner. Bakugo and Yaoyorozu are cooking tonight." Jiro offered Midoryia to dinner, handing him the paper. Not another word was said. Jiro had left and Midoryia was standing there with a piece of paper in his hands

"Sounds like a date." Tomura appeared behind Midoryia, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Big off" Midoryia shrugged off his shoulder, getting an odd look from one of his classmates.

"She asked you to dinner. It's definitely a date" Tomura followed Midoryia as he turned in the paper.

"With her class. So it's not a date" Midoryia spoke to himself quietly as to not draw any attention. "Now buzz off. I have work to do."

"So are we going or not?" Tomura asked, sitting on the edge of Midoryia's desk.

"I don't know. Now leave me alone" Midoryia raised his voice slightly, getting a ton of looks from his peers. With a sigh, Tomura was gone, letting him focus.