F I R S T D A Y

Olivia Black (POV)
"Slytherin"

As soon as the hat says it out loud, I sighed in relief. Loosening my shoulders as a huge smile grew on my lips. The hat was removed from my head and I headed towards my table.

As I was about to sit down Onyx stood up from her table and held out a hand to give me a high five. Couldn't leave her hanging now. I swung my hand to meet with hers. As I sat down, opposit of Draco, he mumbled "Not bad for a Black." He did look tensed, like he was afraid of me. But why?

Draco Malfoy(POV)
This girl, she did impress me. But I felt uncomfortable. Like a familiar aura, that I get when I stay up all night and walk around my manor during vacations. I did notice somethings, she smiled occasionally. Not always, that fact pointing out says that she is not a really happy girl like Greengrass. She also wasn't bitchy like Onyx, or short tempered like me. Not a 'simp' like Nott and Enzo.

But a mature once who laughs to herself, like Blaise. She has a bit of a fair color and a softer voice than his, but she had the face expressions like his.

Her body language though, it was like she is very comfortable. Her elbow rested on the dine, her left side of the face resting on her left palm. She looked at the nearly headless ghost. Finally I heard Potter say something.

Of course, it got me excited to tease this git. I looked at front to see the brunette sitting in front of me still focusing on the headless ghost as she gave a slight smile. I turned around and said "Potter, is it true you fainted?"

"Shove off Malfoy!", said the Weasel.

I turned back to look at her. She looked annoyed, really annoyed. At first I thought it was because of me but then I turned to the other three. They were glaring at her and I hear her speak behind my head "What are you looking at?"

"Thank god you are not in our house". Scarhead spoke up. I looked at her, she had no emotions on her face. She looked like a sadist to me. She just said "Thank you for giving me an example of how your housemates are. I am thankful I am not into a house who just puts their own life in danger."

That's when I heard Enzo snort. I turned back to my table and looked at Olivia, she had a slight smile on her face. She casually said "You all get involved with the things Dumbledore should take care of. Your house is always about bravery."

"And your house is full of evil witches and bullies. None in your group are good."

It took everything inside of me to not turn around and break his glasses. He indirectly called my family 'evil witches'. My mum especially. My dad is evil I won't deny it, but he laughs around me when we are alone. When it is just the two of us. He doesn't like to show that he is soft to anyone else.

My mum told me that father has a soft spot for only the two of us. He never wanted me to go in Hogwarts. He wanted me to go to Durmstrang. He was afraid that I might be a Ravenclaw. He didn't want the sortings between houses. But he was 'forced' by a dark magic my mum said.

My thoughts interrupted when Olivia said "Merlin wouldn't like that you called him evil. And a bully." As she played with the fork in her hand she again said "I knew I should have ran away the moment I saw you. But I couldn't see the scar. Or else I would have."

I heard Granger scoff at her words. I have a thing for the mudblood. I hate to admit it. But I do. I could have picked on her, but I got butterflies. I realized it recently while I was at the manor during vacations. I wanted to look at her. I wanted her to look at me.

I stopped munching on the asparagus, fighting the urge to turn back and look at her face, I wanted to see her smile at me, or have anger towards me. I just wanted her attention. If I got Potter's attention I would eventually get hers.