| 2.3 |

July 4th

On the day of the reaping the entirety of District Thirteen was gathered in the spots that usually was reserved for the kids participating in the reaping. They all stared while I was shown to the stage along with Jason McCormack, just shy of his forties he looked to be above fifty with the lines on his face and messy hair. An insane look imprinted in his eyes.

As I walked up on the stage I glanced at Venus, who stood by the microphone, glancing at me every once in a while  amidst trying to keep his smile on his face.

"Welcome... to the reaping for the 100th Hunger Games!" Venus eventually managed to laugh out as Jason and I stood in our spots on the stage, "this year is very special. District Thirteen will participate with an entirety of four tributes. How exciting! Now! First for the reaping of the previous winners!" Venus grinned widely before his smile slowly faltered, "as usual... Ladies first."

Quietly Venus wandered over to one of the four glassbowls, which had only one single lap of paper in it. I did not know how they were going to do the reaping in districts with more than one victor, but it wasn't a problem in Thirteen. With only two winners in total, there wasn't much logistics to do.

As Venus picked up the piece of paper he looked over at me quickly, only sending me a small glance. I didn't listen to him calling out my name. I knew it was gonna be my name anyways, all I did was just move closer to Venus as he gently tapped my back and went over to pick out the one male victor that would participate.

It was an art for me to not react or think about having to go back into the arena. I was going to be a mentor, and that was all I was goingg to be. I was never supposed to go back into the arena again, ever.

Just like me Jason moved closer to Venus and stared harshly over the crowd and directly to the section where his family was gathered. The families of the previous victors had been gatehred in two front sections due to the risk of them getting reaped. Right in front of me stood my own small family, and in front of Jason stood his small family.

"Now... let's see what family members will be accompanying our Victors to the Capitol," Venus grinned and rushed over to the bowl with my family in. Clearly sensing that I just want it to be other with as fast as possible, "representing the family of former victor Jiyeon Young we have..." Venus trailed off and opened the lap of paper, "Jihoon Young."

My uncaring eyes immediately rushed to look down at my family, my mom immediately grabbing onto my brother's arm as she attempted to stable herself on my aunt that stood beside her.

"He can't go," I quickly whispered to Venus, "do something. Pick someone else. Lie."

Murmurs went through the whole crowd once the rest of District Thirteen realized it had been my brother that had been reaped from the bowl. Whispers of how unlucky my mom was and how tragic it must be to have both one's kids go into the games, and then a Quarter Quell with fifty other tributes.

"I volunteer as tribute!" a loud voice echoed as my mom's brother stepped up and raised his arm. I had never had much to do with him, but he looked determined to take my brother's spot as he stepped forward.

"Very well," Venus nodded slowly as he waved my uncle up on stage and let him stand beside me as I kept on starring down at my mom, who then turned to hug my brother tightly.

Meanwhile, all my brother did was stare at me with wide eyes, almost looking like he was on the verge of crying. He was fourteen, just turned last autumn, but he had changed a great deal since I went to the games. He had seemed more mature when I returned from the Capitol after the games, but at the same time he also seemed much more fragile than before I went off to the games.

From Jason's family members his sister was chosen, a frail red haired woman walked on stage and looked like a small little mouse in comparison to her brother. She would be one of the first ones to go, there was no doubt in my mind.

"Let's give a round of applause for this year's tributes from District Thirteen!" Venus happily forced out and did a small clap.

Against all rules and to a little stir, my brother quickly ran up on stage and hugged himself onto me. Burrying his face in my shoulder as I hugged him tighter into me. He was almost as tall as me by now.

"I wanted to go," he whispered quietly, "I wanted to go with you. If you had to go I wanted to go as well," he quickly remarked as peace keepers ran up onto the stage and started prying him off of me, "come back home! Get back home!"

At the same time my brother was getting dragged off stage I was pulled in the opposite direction and straight out towards the train that would get me to the Capitol along with Venus, James and our family members that had been picked for the games.

"I'm sorry," Venus whispered as I calmly walked onto the train as one of the last, "I'm sorry you have to go through this again."

"I knew the Capitol wanted me dead anyways," I shook my head with a small smile, "I'm from Thirteen, I'm sure they already have a painful death planned for me."