01. envy

▷

it was 5:30 am when he woke up, looking weary and tired as usual

it was 5:30 am when he woke up, looking weary and tired as usual. chan looked around the familiar, faintly lit room; his room. the blank grey walls seemed gloomier this morning. chan's vacant eyes wandered around the shadowy room before he sat up on his bed and reached for his cell phone on the bedside table. he looked at the lock screen of his phone, bearing the big writing, '5:37 am'. stifling a yawn, the brunette boy decided to get off his bed and go outside, to feel the soft caresses of wind on his hair but just sat there on his bed, legs dangling just a few inches of the ground. he merely stared at the grey wall with an empty expression on his face.

squeals and squeaks filled the corridors as the school's 'prince' arrived. girls, even guys were going crazy as he smiled their way. chan always tried not to stare his way for long however today the latter looked too pretty. chan couldn't help staring at that charming smile he gave as he walked through the crowds of girls and boys to reach his locker. he envied him. how could one possibly look so enchanting every single day? but one thing was for sure: chan didn't like him, not at all. he only envied him for what he had.

he knew he could never be him or be like him, for he was so pretty with the almond shaped eyes which lit up when he smiled and brownish long hair which complimented the milky white skin. his pretty pink lips that parted when he laughed brightly. lee minho was everything he had ever wanted to be. 

they were seatmates and chan often wondered how could someone so beautiful even want to sit beside him. although they were used to sitting next to one another in every class, he would feel nervous sitting next to the boy who wasn't just a boy but a masterpiece. as chan looked at him, he couldn't help but believe the saying that god sure has his favorites.

they interacted very less as chan never made an effort to keep the conversations going. minho too, only spoke to him when he required some help. 

and when giving him any pen or pencil, chan tried his best not to touch his skin, afraid that his touch might break his delicate looking skin. and now he couldn't understand whether he only envied minho.