escalation station

Thank you all for 8K! <3 <3 <3 

Mihawk left you feeling like a glucose receiver. You left Shanks feeling like a pubescent boy. He was a little embarrassed by how easy it was for him to get distracted by you. He made sure to follow Mihawk out of your room, partly to control himself, mostly so he could have a talk with Mihawk. The two of them were friends, there was no reason an arrangement couldn't be made.

"What are you suggesting?" Shanks had corralled Mihawk into one of the many large rooms in the castle-like home. There were a few couches and a pool table taking up the space. Mihawk was leaning against the pool table, arms crossed, as Shanks sank into a couch with an easy smile.

"You like Y/N, I know you do. I see the way you look at her and how quick you are to offer everything you have to her" Mihawk tensed. He wasn't being as sly as he thought he was.

"So...you want to share her? She isn't an object" Shanks winced at Mihawks' disapproving voice.

"She will decide, of course. But time is ticking, we aren't the only ones rushing to the finish line here" Mihawk sighed and rubbed the scruff on his chin. Shanks did have a point. You even had Hawkins under your spell, something that was deemed impossible by the two friends ever since they met him.

Mihawk clicked his tongue, annoyed with how everything was suddenly moving faster, how there was no time to go at a slower pace he would take more joy in. He didn't want to rush you into anything or worse, scare you off. But the facts remained. They weren't the only ones pining after you. Soon, the cards were going to come tumbling down.

"When do you propose we talk to her about this?"

"Hawkins has a thing for her too, no? Why not at dinner?" Mihawk hummed.

"It feels too soon"

"Better than too late" Shanks portrayed himself to be a silly little man but he was far more intelligent than he showed. Mihawk knew this personally. He knew Shanks' smile, though kind and full of amusement, was also a distraction from his sharp and ever-calculating eyes. He knew Shanks was right, they had to act now.

"Fine, but there will be no pressuring" Shanks grinned like a Cheshire cat and held his hands up.

"Of course not! I do like the girl" Mihawk pinned him with a hard stare before leaving the room to get dinner ready, leaving a gleeful Shanks behind.

Meanwhile, you were pretending to be Princess Barbie. You wrapped a blanket with shiny beads around you like a toga and made a crown out of the dried flowers in your room. Your phone died while you were talking to Mihawk, and you had no intentions of leaving the room until dinner. Until, of course, a canon event happened. A spider the size of a golf ball dropped from the ceiling.

'Fuck no!' It dangled in front of your face like a Halloween decoration, scaring the shit out of you. You held back the urge to slap it into the wall, reminding yourself that spiders were good for the ecosystem. Instead, you backed away from it. To your horror, it dropped to the floor and followed you. 'She's a runner she's a track star!' You ran out of your room, lifting the blanket dress you made as you went.

'This barbie is scared of spiders' You didn't know where you were going and only stopped to look back once you made it up some stairs. 'I can't believe stairs have helped me, what is the world coming to?' You caught your breath, leaning against the wall dramatically. Living that 1800s life fr.

"What are you doing?"

"FUCK OFF!" you threw your blanket. It landed on Hawkins, messing up his hair. You placed one hand over your heart and the other over your mouth, trying not to laugh. Hawkins glared at you with narrowed red eyes. He was not amused.

"That's what you get for sneaking up on me"

"Just because you didn't hear me, doesn't mean I snuck up on you"

"Nu-uh!" Hawkins pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. He was losing to the power of 'nu-uh.' He likes you? Is he sure? He opened his eyes to see you poorly hiding your laughter and his heart fluttered. Well fuck, that answers that question.

"Come with me, diner is ready" Hawkins held out an arm for you to take. You lopped yours with his and let him lead you to the dining room. Though exasperated by you, he made sure to keep your blanket off the ground.

The tension in the dining room was palpable, Shanks was downing a glass of whiskey while Mihawk was sipping on some wine. The two men shot a look at each other as you walked in. You logged that and sat on the seat Hawkins pulled out for you. 'Serving pride and prejudice' There was a whole roasted pig in the center of the table, mashed potatoes, salad, and various baskets of rolls. You felt out of your depth.

'This is a totally normal time-why are they all leaning in?' The three men, who looked more sharp and predatory than usual, leaned into the table, watching you pick things out to eat. You began to feel nervous, tongue darting out to swipe over your dry lips. The action snapped them out of their stupor. The dining room was slowly becoming an escalation station.

"We have something to discuss with you Y/N" Mihawk was the first to speak, his voice clear and concise.

"I didn't set Kids couch on fire, that wasn't me"

"What?"

"What?" Shanks laughed, tossing his head back and leaning against his chair.

"As hilarious as that is, that's not what we want to talk about" You furrowed your brows.

"Okay?" You looked from Shanks to Mihawk to Hawkins, the three of them forming the Bermuda triangle of dilfs. The rat controlling your brain pushed just the right button for you to connect the dots. 'Is it happening? Oh my god, it's happening! What do I do?!'

"Y/N, as you may have noticed, we all have feelings for you" 'Panik.'

"The three of us had a talk and agreed that if you returned all of our feelings, we wouldn't mind setting up a...system" You shakily drank some water. 'This can't be real.'

"Our feelings for you are real and very genuine. You don't have to reply to them now but we wanted to tell you. We wanted to be the first to tell you" You were seconds away from shooting into space and orbiting the earth, your heartbeat was pounding in your ears. Legs weak, hands sweaty, mom's spaghetti was nowhere to be seen.

You were a mess. A beautiful mess that beautiful men ached to love and hold. With that thought, you spiraled. 'Wait the first?! He said the first! Am I going to get more confessions?! I mean I wanted this, right?? Like I knew it was going to happen, right?! This is-I'm-Nope' You passed out. You slumped forward, forehead hitting soft bread. When the drama at diner gets too out of hand, walk awayayayay.