His Favourite View- Part 2

Sure this view will be the same tomorrow.
Like it is every other day when she comes to the office.
It's nothing new.

But for some reason, it never feels old.
It feels special, every single time, instilling in him a sense of urgency.

He can't miss it.
He doesn't want to miss it.
An eagerness surpassing all reason.

"Lekin is file par tumhaare signature lena toh reh hi gaya!", Yogesh exclaims.

This time, the way Dev snatches the file from him makes Yogesh sense something, making him rush out of the room right after.

Dev hurriedly strikes the nib of the pen on paper as he goes on to make his signature. Barely any ink comes out of the pen. He shakes it a little. No success.

But the clock continues to tick, fueling his sense of urgency.

He carelessly puts that pen on the desk and picks up another one.
Hastily he signs and without wasting a single second further, he turns around.

At her desk is silence.
Close to it a vacant chair.
That girl has left already.

Disappointed, he slightly lowers his head.
He turns away from the blinds and moves ahead when he is interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Ab kaun hai?!", Dev asks in an annoyed tone.

What follows is a sound of retreating footsteps and a minute of fresh silence.

"Yeh darwaaza knock karke bina kuch bole hi kaun laut gaya?"

He moves towards the door and is about to walk out when accidently, he almost bumps into someone and takes a step back out of astonishment.

"S-Sorry sir!"

Suddenly his irritation melts into a gentle smile.

"Miss Vidhi..."

"Sir... Sir mein jaanti hun abhi aapka mood kharab hai par...Par mein aapka zyada time nahi lungi!"

"Nahi...aisa kuch nahi hai...", he states as he tries to speak in a formal tone, trying to hide the relief he felt on seeing that she's still in the office.
He then gestures his hand towards the chair in front of his desk.

The girl with eyes as beautiful as night, makes an eye contact with him for a moment, trying to ascertain his current mood.

She then sits and continues to say.
"Woh sir mein na-"

Involuntarily, Dev begins admiring the view in front of him again.
This time more beautiful.
Closer to him than before.

Now her beautiful eyes are looking directly at him, yet occasionally avoiding his gaze.

Her nervous hand movements trying their best to support her words. Words which often struggle to convey her thoughts.

Her silken hair strands touching her cheek again.
The sudden urge to put them at the back of her ear, surfaces within Dev again.

He takes a step closer to her.
His fingers try to reach her face, as if in a trance.

"Sir?"

This word pulls him out of the trance.
Abruptly he stops and immediately withdraws his hand.

"H-hun?"

"Bataaiye na mein is project ka kya karun?"

"Um..woh..."

How could Dev tell her what to do when he hadn't even heard much of what she had said?

Surely her words had been falling on his ears but he was too distracted by the girl uttering those words, to focus on the words themselves.

Just then, Vidhi's phone rings.

"Ek second Sir", says Vidhi as she goes on to pick it up.

"Seema meine tujhe bola hai na office mein call mat-"

Dev heaves a little sigh of relief as this phone call momentarily saves him from an embarrassing situation.
A situation that could have revealed what he truly feels about her- way more than a boss could feel for an employee.

He quickly picks up Vidhi's project file and starts turning its pages as he goes through it.

But once again, his senses fail him.

Once again they are captivated by the innocence and beauty in front of him.
By her cute facial expressions as she scolds her sister on call.
By her voice filled with mild irritation yet affection at the same time.
By her unfiltered way of speaking even in front of her boss.
By her just being who she is, like any other day.

He's enchanted- by a view that will always hold the power to captivate his senses like so.
His favourite view, his favourite distraction.