|| Eight

Year 2002

Year 2002.

FLASHBACK;

I was currently sitting ontop of a desk, Draco's head on my lap as I ran my fingers through his hair. Humming 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' gently.

"Alex, can I tell you something..well, it's a poem actually." Draco murmured, lifting his head up slightly to look at me. I nodded my head, curiosity wanting to hear this poem of his. "Mhm!"

He took a deep breath almost seeming nervous.

"Dark of the night comes when the sun sinks..A heart shattered and filled with grief.
A life lost but not alone.
For a pain shared is a burden halved.
It is in the early hours of night,
My mind races, my mind fright
Of a girl so beautiful and pure,
Whose eyes shines like the sun in the sky,
Her smile, bright as the fire's heat.. "

He recited carefully, his pinky finger intertwining with mines as he tried to distract himself from looking at me while he spoke. I listened to his words intensely. He spoke his poem wholeheartedly. He added emphasis on most of his words, adding more emotion and effect to his poem.

Once he finished, I pulled my hand away and clapped lightly. Impressed and astounded by his poem. "Oh..it's— its beautifully well spoken, it's lovely poem."

"Thank you dear but, it's still not done yet. I have actually wrote this for you." Draco smiled and I was suddenly melting at his words. "Oh," was all I could say before looking away.

I heard Draco chuckle, placing his hand underneath my chin and making me to look at him.

He looked at me with loving eyes.

After a few moments, he finally blurted the truth: "Alex," He whispered softly, blushing as he looked into my eyes.

"It's you that I love, it's your smile, the way your eyes look when you look at me, your voice when you laugh. It's all so perfect." He closed his eyes and sighed.

"I love yo—

-
I snapped out of my thoughts and looked around the area, realising that I was standing by the railing of the balcony and I had accidentally dropped my cup seeing it shattered on the ground beneath the balcony. A sigh left my lips. 'I have to stop thinking about him..' I thought to myself, playing with the sliver diamond ring on my ring finger.

-

I see
a stranger in
your eyes,
where once I
saw a
soulmate.
— It breaks my heart