Part 3

There I was, on FaceTime practically sweating my ass off. I had told Sophie that I needed to tell her something important. She was pretty nervous because she thought I was going to tell her that I was dying or something. We talked for over 15 minutes. I kept on trying to tell her, but I couldn't find the words to say it. I was so nervous and anxious about what she would say. so I decided to just go for it. She probably didn't like me the same way, but you only live once and I didn't want to keep on hiding this from her because she deserved to know.

So I told her. I was really nervous but then I just said it. She screamed and threw her phone. I couldn't tell if it was a good or bad scream, so I just sat there anxious. she then picked up the phone and said my name. she was either going to tell me that she doesn't like me like that, but she still wants to be friends or she would tell me that she felt the same. She started talking since she said my name. she told me that she liked me back. I was shocked. I didn't really believe her because I had a friend who once lied to me about that. but I kind of believed her, I really wanted to. She said that she had liked me for a while, but she fully realized it last week. she also said that her dad called it a while ago and that's when she realized it. I was a little shocked. After a little while of talking, she asked me if I would like to be her girlfriend. Of course, I said yes, because who wouldn't want to date her?

Later that day she told me that she didn't want to date. I felt a little heartbroken. She said that she needed some time because her mental health wasn't really in a good place at the moment. I was really supportive of her and told her to take her time and that I hope she feels better soon and that things work out well for her. we didn't have our phones with us for the weekend. I had a lot of time to think about everything we talked about on Friday.

She called me on Sunday night and told me that she didn't mean what she said and that she wanted to date me. I told her not to feel pressured into doing anything especially if she didn't want to. she said that she was overthinking everything and very stressed with work that day. it was really nice that we were so honest with each other because all that I wanted was not to lose her.