0.20

Grace knew how she was scared that something was going to go wrong. She was pregnant. But it was a risky pregnancy.

There was a chance she was going to die. And she didn't want that. She didn't want to leave her babies without a mum.

Tom was her rock. She knew all they had been through. And all they had overcome. But they were finally making things work.

It wasn't easy. But she somehow had to hope that things would work out. She didn't want anything had to happen to her family.

She was trying to build a relationship with her mum. But she knew that it wasn't easy. Too much had happened there. And Karen hadn't been the best mum.

She wasn't supportive when it came to Darcie. And Grace felt as though there was too much tension there.

All she knew was that things were hard. And she just didn't know what to do. She had so many emotions going through her head.

morning came and she rolled over in bed. Tom was there. He smiled and kissed her. "Morning beautiful. Are you okay?" He asked.

Grace nodded. "Baby is pressing on my bladder. But we vibe with it," she said as she sat up. "Is Darcie not awake yet?"

Tom shook his head and smiled. "She's sound asleep. I checked on her when I went to the toilet."

"Okay. I should go make breakfast ready."

"Nope. You can sit and relax. I'm sorting it all today. You need to rest."

Grace rolled her eyes but smiled. She knew how things were. And they weren't easy. but she was thankful she had Tom by her side.

***
Grace smiled as she saw Mia. She walked over to her. "How are you doing?" Mia asked.

"I'm okay. Just taking it one day at a time. Tom made breakfast this morning. So I got to have a lie in. I'm just worried that things aren't easy at the moment. And I feel like too much could go wrong. We haven't talked about what will happen if this worst does happen," Grace said.

Mia sighed. "I think Tom doesn't want to think about it. I don't want to either if I'm being honest. You're my best friend."

"I get it. I do. I'm just... I don't know. Maybe I'm scared for myself. And if I think about it, then I won't be upset at the thought I could leave my babies without a mummy," Grace mumbled.

Mia pulled her close. She held her as she sobbed. "You're not going anywhere. I promise. You're here to stay. Okay?" She said.

"I doubt it."

Mia rolled her eyes. "Hey now. I don't need the negativity. Okay? Be positive."

"Thanks. But no."

***
Grace was sitting in the staff room. She sighed as Karen walked in. She looked to her. "How are you? Pregnancy is never easy."

"It's fine. I'm fine. Everything is fine."

Karen knew her daughter. And while they hadn't been close, she knew that she always made out she was fine. But she knew she wasn't.

Karen had no idea how her daughter was about to fall apart. And it wasn't going to be easy for her.