Chapter 11: Jeffy Boy

Figure's POV:

With a careful touch, my fingers graze the wall at the bottom of the staircase, tracing the textured surface until they encounter a small, round, yet remarkably smooth bump. Without hesitation, I press it, and a satisfying 'click' emanates from the spot I've touched, sealing the entrance to the hangout room. I proceed to feel my way along the adjacent wall, my fingertips relishing the smooth texture as it guides me into the room.

"Yo, Figure, you're here!" exclaimed a voice known as Screech, breaking the silence. "C'mere! There's a new entity!" they added, the excitement palpable in their tone, a small "Please stop." as a response from a voice I never thought I'd hear again.

My heart leaped at the sound of that voice. "Seek?!" I exclaimed joyfully, unable to contain my excitement.

However, my elation was short-lived, as another voice chimed in. "Huh? Oh. No, sorry, Figure, it's-."

"That's Jeff. He's back from vacation. Figure, you remember Jeff, right?" Glitch clarified, and my mood plummeted even deeper than before. Not only had I mistaken Jeff for Seek, but I had also allowed my hopes to soar for nothing. I knew it was entirely my fault – my inability to perceive the subtle differences between them.

Seek's voice held a unique quality, with dual tones weaving together, while Jeff's was marked by a calm, gentle cadence.

"I apologize, Jeff," I stated as I took a seat at the rounded table, my tone weighed down by disappointment. "I'm simply experiencing a heightened sense of anticipation for Seek's awakening. Have you been briefed on the present circumstances?"

There was a momentary pause before I heard Jeff's response. "Oh, right, yes. Yes, I have. Sorry, but I forgot about your... well, lack of sight," he admitted, his words laced with understanding.

"It's quite alright," I said before turning my head away from his direction. "Everyone makes mistakes, it's not a big deal." I didn't know if I was saying this to him or myself as I was still mad at myself for mistaking him for Seek.

There was an awkward silence that filled the air after this, the only sound was the general sounds the entities made that you could hear.

"Figure!" I heard someone call my name. Breaking the silence that once was.

"What is the current situation, Rush?" I ask, turning to face his direction.

"It's Seek!" He said frantically "Something's happened!"

\\

Cliffhanger? yes please :D

also apologies,  for not posting anything yet giving this small chapter.

You get Jeff though right?