The Lost World: Chapter 1

Third Person POV

In the San Diego subway was Dr. Ian Malcolm was waiting for his train, yawning softly before walking ahead as the sounds of brakes screeching was heard.

After getting on his train, Ian took a seat and unfolded a newspaper, reading through it.

A guy in front of Ian snapped his fingers, trying to get Dr. Malcolm's attention. Ian looked at him and looked around confused. The guy sat in another seat next to him, smiling as he chewed on gum.

Guy: "You're him, right?"

Malcolm looked up from his newspaper, being a bit confused.

Ian: "Excuse me?"

Guy: "The scientist? The guy? I saw you on TV."

Ian just looked at the guy with a slightly raised eyebrow.

Guy: "I believed you."

Ian pursed his lips in slight embarrassment before the guy imitated a dinosaur, roaring before smiling to which Ian turned away slightly with his newspaper.

*Timeskip*

A well dressed butler walked through a large mansion and up to a door, looking through the window of it to see Ian Malcolm before opening it.

Butler: "Who shall I tell Mr. Hammond is calling?"

Ian: "Ian Malcolm. I've been summoned."

The butler nodded and allowed Ian inside, walking away to which Dr. Malcolm slowly followed.

???: "Dr. Malcolm!"

Ian looked up to see Lex and Tim who looked much older after the four years that went by.

Ian: "Oh, my God."

Lex: "Hello, Dr. Malcolm."

The two went over to Ian and happily hugged him while Dr. Malcolm chuckled in amazement.

Ian: "Kids, it's so great to see you. It's so great. Look at you."

Tim: "You came to see grandpa?"

Ian: "Yeah, he called me. Do you know what it's about?"

Tim and Lex stayed silent, looking at Dr. Malcolm in slight confusion.

Ian: "I don't, either. This joint's kind of creepy, isn't it? Is everything okay?"

Lex: "Well, not exactly."

The sound of footsteps could be heard and the three looked up to see multiple business people walking down with boxes while a balding man with glasses walked behind them all.

Man: "Well, Dr. Malcolm. Here to share a few campfire stories with my uncle?"

Ian looked on with clear knowledge on who this man was since he was now responsible of InGen.