49

Pyra POV

I woke up to the sight of a house shrouded in shadow.

Pyra: Kai’s mind…. But why is it dark?

I approached the doors, as I had done before, and before I could knock, the doors opened, but I couldn’t see past the entryway.

Pyra: What is going on?

I steeled my resolve, and then passed through the doors. Then they closed behind me, leaving me in a darkness so thick I could almost feel it.

???: Listen close, and follow my instructions….

I looked around, panicked. Only to be reminded that I couldn’t see anything.

Pyra: Who are you?

???: There’s no, time for introductions…

Pyra: Why am I here?

The voice faded away, leaving my questions unanswered.

Pyra: What is happening?

I tried to press on through the darkness, and after an interminable amount of time, something shattered, and I fell forward into a grand hall.

Pyra: What? This isn’t Kai’s house, or, his mind… is it?

There was a figure seated on the darkened throne, one that looked rather familiar. However, they were cast in shadows so deep they only had a vague form. But the distinguishing feature were the violent, menacing purple eyes.

Pyra: No…

Darkseid: Welcome Pyra. I was hoping you’d come.

His voice rang with such power, I found myself trembling, darkness pressed in around me.

Pyra: Kai said he killed you… How are you alive?

He laughed, a horrible, malicious laugh.

Darkseid: How can one kill their emotions? Holding them back only makes them more powerful.

Pyra: But he—

Darkseid: He had surprised me. But I cannot be killed, unless he dies. I will admit he weakened me for a time, but now I am stronger than ever. And you. will. Not. Tell. Him.

I looked at him defiantly.

Pyra: And if I do?

Another laugh

Darkseid: Then I seize control and kill you. You’ll never make it to Elysium.

Pyra: But you’ll seize control the second his guard is down.

He grinned malevolently.

Darkseid: That’s the point. I’ve left it up to you to decide how this goes. It’s up to you when I return. And when I do, I’m going to rip Alrest apart, and BURN IT TO IT’S CORE!!