𝓐𝓵𝓵 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔂𝓸𝓾

Anami finally made it back to Splatsville as the sun was setting. They checked their phone to find a waiting text from Laz.
"I'm getting back from duty in an hour! Want to meet me at the beach?"
Anami replied quickly
"I'll b there soon. I got u smth."

On the other end, Laz saw the text come in and their eyes lighted up in excitement. "Oouh! A gift? I wonder what it is!" they thought to themself.

An hour later, Laz paddled up to the beach where she and Anami usually met.
".. Heya.."
And there they were! Laz could always recognize them by their mostly deadpan voice. But they had a bit more of a spark in their greeting this time. She turned around to see them with two of their hands behind their back, the other two resting at their side. They had a slight smile as well as some of their tentacles- which usually covered their eyes- tied up, showing just one eye.
Laz shuffled up to them quickly, embracing them in a hug with her fins.
"Anamii! I missed you so much!!!" Laz exclaimed
"Ehe.. I mizzed you too, Laz.." Anami replied. "..And uh.. you probably got my text.." they added.
"Yeah! I did! You said that you got me somethin!"
Anami drew out their hands from behind them to reveal a little bouquet of pink flowers, with one lovely coral bud right in the middle. Laz gasped in excitement and gently grasped the flowers before once again tightly hugging Anami and giving them a kiss on the cheek. Their face turned hues of yellow and purple and they smiled, then hugged her back.
It took a while to find those flowers, but it sure was worth it.