thirty.

Issac fidgeted with the end of his thermal long sleeve. They were just about to land in Sokovia and it seemed as though he'd left whatever confidence he had back at the tower. He tried to busy himself by double checking, then triple checking his gear while they were still in the air. He untied and retied his laces, twice, made sure his knives were well hidden just in case, before there was a firm hand on his shoulder. He flinched, looking up at the windshield. Sokovia was just in the distance, the sky barely even light. It was early, people were only just beginning to wake up and ready themselves for the day. They had no idea what was coming.

"Issac." Steve's voice was firm, looking at the boy in concern. Everyone else had already begun to file out, yet he barely moved a muscle.

"Hm?" Issac blinked, quickly trying to hide how easily he zoned out. "Sorry, I dozed off for a second." He mumbled, moving to quickly get up.

"Your eyes were open." Steve raised an eyebrow at him, not believing his lie in the slightest. "Are you gonna be okay?"

Issac hesitated for a second. His gaze flickered from Steve's worried expression to the team just outside the jet as they began going over the plan before moving back to Steve.

"I'll be fine." He said, trying to sound as reassuring as he could. He gently gripped Steve's wrist. "I promise." he mumbled before following the rest of the team.

The first step of the plan was to split up, Bruce and Thor would go rescue Natasha while Tony would go and confront Ultron first. The rest of them were responsible for getting as many people out of the city as quickly as possible. They had no idea what Ultron was truly planning, but their first priority was making sure that innocent people remained out of harm's way.

They weren't moving fast enough. Barely half of the people living in Sokovia had been evacuated when Issac felt something jerk beneath his boots. He frowned, looking down as cracks started to appear. Quickly, he ushered the remaining civilians in the area to move faster before putting his back to them, instead facing the army of robots that began to quite literally appear from every direction. They were climbing the walls, digging themselves out of the ground, appearing from alleyways and manhole covers. It was something out of a literal horror movie. Issac could barely believe that Ultron had enough time and resources to make so many in such a short period.

He raised his hands, conjuring a barrier around the civilians, urging them to run for cover as the metal soldiers began firing at them. He needed to focus and forced his mind to block out anything else except for the battle in front of him. Now was not the time to get lost in his thoughts or suddenly remember old traumas from his childhood. He had a job to do, he needed to keep the people safe, is what he continued to tell himself as he tore apart Ultron after Ultron.

Just when things couldn't get any worse, they did. There was a sudden jolt, the ground starting to shake beneath their feet without warning. He frowned, knowing it wasn't any of the Avengers. None of them had the power to do this, not even Thor or Vision. At first he thought it was just an untimely earthquake, however that idea was quickly shut down when he realized that the city was slowly, but surely beginning to rise.

"Oh what in the backwards version of Atlantis.." he mumbled to himself as he carefully peered over the edge of the bridge he stood on, being careful not to lose his balance and slip. "Is anyone else seeing this?" He asked into the comms, making sure he wasn't hallucinating.

Issac tuned out Ultron's speech being broadcasted through the rest of his living puppets, using his magic to carefully lower remaining civilians onto the areas of the city that weren't floating into the sky. He only managed to safely get a handful down before the distance was too much. If he slipped or became distracted and accidentally dropped someone, they wouldn't survive the drop from this height.