Funhouse Frazzled

Mugman slappled a pamphlet on the table in front of Cuphead who was finishing a Dirk Dangerous puzzle.

"Huh?" Cuphead exclaimed confuseldly. He picked up the piece of paper and inspected the cover.

Brand New rides at the Fair!

Enter the magical Funhouse and solve puzzles to progress through the rooms!

Ride on the new and improved Ultracoaster

And feast on our selection of new treats

"What are you waiting for?" Mugman asked, "Let's go!"

"But my Puz..." Cuphead began before Mugman grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out the door.

"Seriously!" Cuphead complained as Mugman dragged him along the road, "it's not like those rides are going anywhere soon. Why can't i just finish my puzzle."

"We need to leave now so we can... ummmmm... beat the queues. Yea, we need to get there early so we don't get stuck in a huge queue."

Cuphead pondered Mugman's response for a second before shrugging.

"Fair enough," He said and let Mugman continue to drag him down the road.

***

Cuphead and Mugman arrived at the entrance to the fair and were immediately greeted by an absurdly long queue.

"So much for getting here early." Cuphead said, " At this rate we'll be in queues 'till sundown."

The two waited in the queue for what seemed like forever so by the time it was the cups' turn to enter the fair Mugman was dragging a sleeping Cuphead behind him.

"Day passes for two please," Mugman requested, his enthusiasm undaunted by the wait.

The ticket man gave him two paper tickets and sent them on their way. Cuphead soon caught the scent of carnival food and woke up.

"I smell num nums," Cuphead said getting to his feet, "Where should we go first!"

"The Funhouse," Mugman answered definitively, "We'll go to the Funhouse first."

"Why the Funhouse?" Cuphead asked.

"Not sure," Mugman replied ,"I just want to."

Cuphead eyed his brother suspiciously, Mugman usually spent half the time trying to choose which ride to go on.

. Soon he spotted the Funhouse which strangely had no queue. Upon closer inspection, there was a sign on the veiled entrance that read NO ENTRY, UNDER MAINTENANCE.

Without a second glance, Mugman pushed the sign to the side and walked into the funhouse.

"Wait wait wait wait," Cuphead said, "what happened to being the lawful one?"

"I don't know." Mugman replied, "i just really wanted to go in the Funhouse."

Mugman looked around the dark circus tent, scanning the interior. Once the two had walked into the middle of the room, an incandescent bulb flickered on illuminating the room with a warm glow. On top of that a record player spontaneously began to play some carnival music.

"WOO!" Cuphead exclaimed, "we've got this whole place to ourselves!"

The room looked like a large children's-soft-play, with brightly coloured foam cubes and random cushioned structures dotted round the room.

"Remember Cuphead," Mugman said, "the aim of the game is to progress through challenges to get to the next wacky room."

Mugman looked over at his brother to make sure he was listening but he was on the other side of the room Jumping from soft structure to soft structure.