Her Fatal Fate

So, listen guys. If you've seen Across the Spider-verse (which I'm guessing you have by now) then you know that everything the writers did or had the characters say in the first movie had a deeper meaning that they would delve into later. So, I'm sure that like me, you guys paid closer attention to the details after the first time watching the movie.

One thing that stuck with me was the, 'In every universe Gwen Stacy falls for Spider-man.' What I wrote is how I think this information will be used in the next movie, because there's no way her saying that wasn't meant to go anywhere. It is just too good of an opportunity for the plot for them to pass up.

I will honestly be shocked if this or something similar to this doesn't happen in the next movie and I honestly can't wait to see how the writers convey it.

Anyway, on to the story!

*******

Gwen Stacy knew her fate.

She thought that maybe she could prevent it by keeping him at arm's length, but she came to find...

You can stop yourself from loving someone.

She was only postponing the inevitable.

"In every other universe..."

It was a story told a million times. It was a fate that she was doomed to. The tragedy of Gwen Stacy was known to every Spider-man. Gwen Stacy fell for Spider-Man and then fell to her death. It was a simple truth, but the thought made her stomach churn.

It was as if she weren't allowed to be happy- like the universe was punishing her for having the audacity to find joy. So, when Gwen realized that there was no stopping her feelings and that the canon events could be altered, she immediately formed a ragtag team to save the boy she loved.

After rescuing him from 'earth 42', fighting off his eerie, dark doppelganger, and numerous heartfelt apologies from Gwen and Peter: the group arrived back on Earth '1610', prepared to face Spot and save Miles's father. They had spread out. Peni, Margo, and Ham were on damage control and saving civilians. Noir and Pavitr were in charge of making sure Jefferson Morales was safe and Miles, Peter, Hobie, and Gwen well... they were fighting the supercharged Spot.

And the plan had worked. She and her group had done a good job of taking the villain head-on, but eventually, Miles came up with a much-needed plan. It was something he said he had used before. He had strung the villain up in his own portals by securely webbing him up along the roof of Benny's Doughnuts.

In one last malicious attempt at vengeance, Spot formed a portal- the largest he had yet. Although, with his body strewn through various portals littering the rooftop, Spot had no control and that hair-brained attempt was his curtain call. The huge display doughnut at the peak of the shop barreled through the opening crushing the former scientist in its wake.

In the end; the Spot's longing for vengeance orchestrated his demise.

It had been a hard-fought battle and a great victory. Miles's Dad was still alive and well- everyone was safe. The gang had all come back together atop the Chrysler Building. Masks were off and all were giving each other hugs and fist bumps- all the good things. But of course... things couldn't be all good.