𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝙇𝙤𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝘾𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙩
age fifteen

(TW: cursing, sa, victim blaming)

„Mom, where is my skirt?" I call out to my mother from inside my room, but received no answer.

„Mom, please, I'm in my underwear and Rika is supposed to be here any minute!" I call again and this time she comes in with a stack of clothes for my closet.

„You should lay out your clothes the night before school, sweetheart," she tells me for the thousands time since I'm alive.

I slip into my skirt and rolled my eyes.
I'm fifteen not five anymore.

„Dad is joining us at breakfast today," she announces with a smile and I stop putting my hair up in a ponytail just to look at her.

„I thought he had a meeting in Meridian city? He rarely ever eats breakfast with us."
„The meeting got canceled and he wanted to talk with Michael anyways."
„Michael had his friends over for the night, that's not fair," I argue, hoping she understood why I hate the idea of dad getting loud when strangers where around.

Mom gave me a small smile.
Sad smile.
„Lou, your father won't yell at him. The boys are like family, I'm sure he doesn't mind," she assures and leaves my room when I already hear the doorbell.

With a stomachache I knew came from the fear of having to sit on the same table as my father this morning, I jogged down the stairs to the door.

„How was New York?!" I welcome rika with throwing my arms around her middle and kissing her cheek.

It's been only a month but I had missed her terribly.

„It was alright, I would have rather spend the summer with you," she tells me and I close the door behind her.

„Me too, it was so boring without my best friend. Could you imagine?! Michael for real threw a party when our parents weren't home and the cops came," I laughed while we walk to the dinning table where mom was already setting plates on.

My twin brother Trevor sat on said table with his phone instead of helping our mother.
„Get up and help Mom," I tell him and he for once actually lifts his head to look at me.
„Help you Mom, I'm not your fucking
housewife."
„No, your a disgusting pig!" I shot back but stopped when our brother walked in with his friends.

It was the last day of summer and they were using it the best they could.
Playing basketball or some shit.

„Come, I'll help you and Deliah," rika offered but I waved her off.
„Just sit down, I'll help her, not like my asshole of a brother." I shot in Trevor's direction and he stood up, looking down at me with fire in his eyes.
„Whore." he growled.
„Virgin." I bit back and chuckling from my brothers friends broke out as I walk away.

Walking into the kitchen I take the plate with the scrambled eggs from my mothers hands who tried to balance the other plate with the bacon above it.
„Oh thank you, sweetheart."
„Of course." I smile back at her and we carry the food to the table.

My mother was one of the kindest people I knew and it pained me to know that my father was having a dozen affaires each week behind her back.