³³

There was a crackle at the other end, before a female voice spoke up.

"Hello?"

Taehyung's throat suddenly dried over. He couldn't speak, as the small knocks on the door morphed into great big bangs and thumps. His name was being called out with a fervour that he'd never heard from Jungkook before. And he couldn't even deny himself of the fact that the demon had quite obviously caught on.

Time. If only he had more time.

"H-Help me..."

It's the only thing he could force out.

It's the only thing that he could force from his parched throat before the door came right off of it's hinges, falling with a loud 'BANG' to the floor, supernatural golden sparks of magical energy flying from it in a way that makes Taehyung jump back, fear clawing at his guts.

Slowly and dreadingly, Taehyung's vision shifts to the livid figure of Jungkook, standing in the midst of the debris of the shattered door and frame, a motif of the everlasting discord that he had caused, not only to Earth in all, but in Taehyung's life.

A shadow had befallen his tall and muscular figure, so that the two, captivating but evil blood-red, glowing eyes were the only things that Taehyung could make out, staring at him, glowing even more dangerously once their gazes locked onto eachother.

He was frozen, petrfied. He frantically cut the call, trying to turn off his phone and hide it before the demon truly found out what he was up to, but..

It only takes one glance into it's eyes to gain clarity of the fact that

He knew.

The demon knows.

There's no way he doesn't and Taehyung is on the verge of tears for the nth time as 'it' steps closer, pace menacingly slow, as if daring the brunette to try and escape, knowing that it would lead to his absoulute and ultimate demise.

"What do you think you're doing, darling~??"

His tone is serene as usual, but Taehyung could distinctively feel the hidden malicious intent, the heavy peril that weighed it down.

The worst part of this was that despite it all, Jungkook was perhaps feigning tranquility despite the veins popping in his neck and arms, a dangerous smirk playing on his reddened lips.

"Did you really think that I wouldn't know?? Hmm??"

Taehyung jumped as he heard it.

The demonic edge to the voice that was supposed to be smooth and calming, showing who Jungkook truly was.

Before his very eyes, he witnessed it. The carefully-crafted human façade of the demon falling apart, exposing the true form of the perilous yet majestic being that had come to torment him from the pits of hell.

Horns ripped out of the ravenette's skull with a harsh cracking sound, making Taehyung flinch, watching them rise and curve back at the top, starting at a dark grey and darkening into a deep, inky black at the tips.