Chapter 18

Abhijeet woke up as the sun rays fall over his face. He neck was paining so hard that he wasn't even able to move it. It didn't take him too long to find out the reason. He had slept on the chair in the sitting position. He gathered all his strength and picked himself up from the chair. He was still angry on Daya and their conversation last night.

Abhijeet pov... "Maine us ki baat suni hi kyun? Us ne bhi tu meri nahi sunni thi. Us ne bhi tu mera yaqeen nahi kia tha. Kia woh mere bare mein aisi soch rakhta tha. Itni gandi.

He jerked his thoughts and went to bathroom. He came out after freshen up. He was still looking weary and dull. The permanent redness below his eyes were making him look more broken. He looked himself up in the mirror and saw his dull face. He starred his face for a second. He again went to bathroom and started splashing water on his face. He was brutally rubbing his eyes in order to wipe out that redness. After some minutes, he stopped because now his eyes were burning. He closed them tightly for a minute or two. He reopened them and looked towards the mirror. He tried to smile but he remembered what Arnav said to him.

"Ab tum kabhi khush nahi raho ge. Kabhi nahi muskurao ge kyunke ab tumhari zindagi mein sirf andhera aur dukh honge."

He tried to smile wide but all of a sudden, he broke down into tears. Tears which were narrating his pain, anger, agony were running down his face. He didn't try to stop them because at that time he wants to cry. He hides his face in his palms and sat on the floor. Just then Acp sir entered and was stunned to see the scenario. He immediately ran to him.

"Abhijeet kia hua? (he tried to remove his hands from his face) Batao kia hua hai?

Abhijeet angrily jerked his hands away from him.

"Itna sab toh hu chuka hai. Abhi aur bhi kuch ho ga kya." He asked in full anger.

"Dekho, main janta hun ke ye bahut mushkil hai lekin jab tum ne apne aap ko itna sambhala hai tu thora aur sahi." He answered him in a composed tone.

"Aap kuch nahi jaante. (he stood up and started walking towards bed) Main chah kar bhi nahi bhula sakta. Main kabhi soch bhi nahi sakta ke Daya mere sath aisa kare ga. Is tarah ka ilzaam lagaye ga mujh pe. Acha bhala mein mar gaya tha. Pata nahi kyun app logon ne meri jaan bachayi."

"Abhijeet tum apni medicine lo. Abhi. Woh tumhein sukoon phaunchayien gi. Tum ghusse mein aa rahe ho."

"Aap mujhe sukoon phaunchana chahte hain na" He bent down towards his drawer and picked out his gun. He forcefully handed the gun to Acp sir and said

"Marien mujhe goli aur mujhe hamesha ke lie sukoon ki neend sula dein." He said in a determined tone.

"Abhijeet pagal ho gaye ho kya. Yeh kia kar rahe ho tum." Acp sir was astonished by his act.

Abhijeet was now getting more angrier that he started snatching gun from Acp sir hands. Acp sir was aware of his thoughts so he resisted as much as he can. Abhijeet turns the gun towards himself as the gun was still in Acp sir hands. He, with all his effort, pressed the trigger and SHOT.

The bullet pierced right in the wall behind Abhijeet. Acp sir took the gun from his hands and shot an angry glance on him. Listening the bullet sound, Salunkhe sir and Daya also came to the room. They didn't get any idea of what had happened but something tells them that it wasn't good.

"Ainda aisi harkat mat karna." Acp sir who was frowning in anger took the gun with him and went out from the room. Salunkhe sir went along with him. Daya waited there for a moment.

"Abhijeet." He called his name softly.

Abhijeet shot him a fiery glance instead of answering him. He stood up and shut the door on his face. He leaned himself against the door in order to calm himself down.

....

....

....

"Kia hua yaar Pradyuman. Goli kisne chalayi thi." Salunkhe sir asked worriedly.

"Us ne khud chalayi thi apne upar." Acp sir answered him in a lost tone.

"Aisa kiya hua tha." Salunkhe sir asked.

"Usse lagta hai ke sukoon sirf marne se hi hasil hoga. (His voice became heavy) Main usse kitni baar samjhaon yahi baat."

"Acha chalo rehne do. Usse waqt yeh bhi sikha de ga. Tum yeh bhi tu dekho ke who kis waqt se guzar raha hai. Dekh lena woh tum se zyada der naraz nahi rahe ga." Salunkhe sir assured him. "Acha chalo breakfast karne aao aur usse bhi lekar aao."

.....

....

....

Acp sir saw his closed door. He first thought that the door is locked but it wasn't. He went inside and saw him sitting on the bed hiding his head between his knees.

"Abhijeet" Acp sir called his name.

Abhijeet looked towards him. There were tear marks on his face.

"I am sorry sir. Mujhe pata nahi kyun itna ghussa aaraha tha us waqt." He replied completely broken.

"Koi baat nahi. Insaan apni ghaltiyon se hi to seekh ta hai. Seekho aur aage barh jao. (He held his face in his hands) aur tum mere liye bilkul mere beton ki tarah ho tu mera farz banta hai ke ai tumhein sahi ghalat mein farq bataon. Chalo ab neeche chalo breakfast ke liye." He smiled at him but there was something bright that caught his attention. Abhijeet noted that too. He tried to hide it but Acp sir was too quick to note it. He picked it up and said.

"Ye kya"

....

A/N: Hi guys I know this one is short but please forgive me. I need to end this one here. Please do review and read. Plus i started a new one shot collection. enjoy that too.