•12• Zàijiàn

Small note: Get ready, because this chapter will have strong emotions, trigger warning for panic attacks and this is also the biggest chapter in this story, keke! (about 3180 words, not counting this warning) Please don't hunt me after this chapter.

~•Previously on Monkey Queen•~

I think I forgot to mention, but I'm now temporarily living with Monkey King since the training started...

"So... do you have something on your mind?" King asked after a silence. I hummed and just shrugged.

"I don't know, I think it's up to you" I said tiredly. He got up and started rambling about his entire collection of his own film saga, but that wasn't exactly absorbed by me, because when I realized it, I was already falling asleep...

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hello, Monkey Queen"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

That voice gave me horrifying chills, which made me open my eyes. Instead of being on the couch, the place where I originally fell asleep, I found myself on the cold floor of a huge cave. Chains hung from the ceiling, and wrapped around the columns that supported the cave. Despite the structure having much more detail, my attention was caught in front of me, where there was a figure, sitting on what appeared to be a throne, behind the throne, there was a large banner. I felt my blood run cold when I saw that the painting on the banner showed- well... in the painting were three things: the golden jade scroll, a jade urn... and me. I felt my entire fur stand on end as the individual on the throne laughed slowly.

"Who are you?..." I asked shakily, taking a step back when I saw the figure rising from the throne, and slowly walking around me.

"Oh, come on, don't tell me that all these years, you've forgotten the face that brought your downfall?" he questioned, and I felt the feeling of dread and terror come over me as soon as I realized it was Zhong Kui, he laughed at my reaction. "You've changed, Monkey Queen, and I can't say it's for the better."

"What do you want from me?" I asked, and he stopped.

"What do I want? ... You know very well what I want." he replied, staring at me with sickly green eyes, making me cringe in place, he raised his eyebrow at my posture before laughing again. "It seems that the years trapped in that Urn have made you soft Queen! Where is that queen who made the sky tremble, when she faced me?! Hahahaha!! I can imagine the Jade Emperor's reactions of disappointment!!" he laughed, and for some reason the dread and terror began to slowly be replaced by anger. "One of your most skilled and loyal warriors, trembling even from her own shadow! I can even imagine when I truly meet you-" I didn't let him finish, and I jumped towards him with my fist raised, covered in electricity at inhumanly deadly voltages. .

CRACKACK!!!!

As soon as I hit him, there was a great crash of thunder, mixed with a sound of metal, as well as a great smoke that prevented me from seeing whether I had hit him or not; but his laughter showed me that I didn't hit him, or the punch had no effect on him. "Oh, Monkey Queen, as always, no patience for civilized conversation. I'm glad I got a little help~"

As the smoke began to clear, I saw what I hit and what I saw made my heart stop for a second... the monkey king's staff. I widened my eyes, seeing emotionless green eyes staring at me.