Distractions

This story takes place when Xavias was 26, during an event within the water dragon palace.

3rd Person Xavias POV

***

The constant sound of voices melting together with each other and music flooded out of the open ballroom door, as the young prince slipped out of the room to get some fresh air. The prince walked down the hallway for a bit, until he found a more quiet and empty part of the hallway to enjoy his drink of cherrygrape wine he snuck out with him. Xavias sighed as he absentmindedly let the wine in his glass spin slowly for a moment before taking a quiet and graceful sip.

Fortunately for him, he had the chance to swallow what he'd drank before suddenly being hugged from behind by a certain flirty sun god.
"Thought you could sneak off unnoticed, Prince Antisocial~?" The young sun god teased, nuzzling his head gently against Xavias' shoulder.
"Oh I'm sorry, am I not allowed a moment of peace and quiet?" The prince replied with sass.

The sun god chuckled a bit, resting his head on Xavias' shoulder while still hugging the prince. Xavias sighed and just took another sip of his wine. After a moment, he spoke again.
"What do you want this time Chmykuru?" Xavias asked tiredly.
"Am I not allowed simply to just hug you?" The sun god, Chmykuru, replied sweetly.

Xavias didn't bother to reply, he saw no need. For whatever reason, he was one of the few people who could make physical contact with Chmykuru and not be burned to a crisp due to the high body temperature caused by being a sun god. Xavias was thankful that he couldn't get burned by the contact, though it was also annoying for the fact that Chmykuru did not seem to understand the concept of personal space when it came to the two of them.

The prince's musings were interrupted as Chmykuru snuggled against his neck, the warmth radiating from the sun god being very evident against Xavias' skin. Xavias went still, both out of slight surprise and also out of not knowing what else the flirty sun god might do.
"Chmykuru-"
"Shhh, don't say anything." The sun god spoke softly, nuzzling Xavias' neck gently.

Xavias stayed quiet. Even with how annoying Chmykuru could be, he was still a god, and Xavias respected that authority. The prince's compliance seemed to make the sun god happy, as the two stood in silence for a bit. Chmykuru continued to hug Xavias, still snuggling against the dragon's neck. Xavias carefully took another sip of his cherrygrape wine.

After a while longer, Xavias finally decided to speak again.
"We should probably head back to the ballroom." He paused, taking a short sip of his wine. "People might start to wonder where we went."
"I'd think you'd be less eager to get back there, had a change of heart and decided to be Prince Social~?" Chmykuru teased.

"I'm not eager to get back," Xavias rolled his eyes. "But I am running out of wine, and I'll need more if I'm to be able to tolerate this event any longer-"
"Of course it's the wine." Chmykuru chuckled, prompting an elbow to the stomach.
The sun god didn't react to the elbow, just gave a gentle kiss to Xavias' neck and finally moved away from the prince.

Xavias finished what was left of his drink, before starting to head down the hallway back to the ballroom, followed by Chmykuru. Voices muddling together with each other and music was once again heard as the door to the ballroom opened, and the two headed back inside.