04. Hurting

| Rowan Presley |

| Rowan Presley |

"Just, don't touch me" I murmured, right as Rider, whom had turned up at the coffee shop that Rohan had told me to meet him at, had gone to wrap my shoulders around his so we could walk to the car. He never showed up, only Rider did. So, as I followed him out into the storm, the two of us rushed to his car, as Rider had convinced me to come with him to find Rohan. 

This had worried me, after what Rohan had told me yesterday between him and Dad, he worried me. "He hasn't been picking up any of my calls. He had told me to meet him there at the cafe, and when I saw you there, I was so shocked. I didn't know that we would all be back together, today, and that Rohan had gone silent" 

I tried to say something, but Rider just threw a towel at me to dry off, as he reached behind my chair to start reversing the car. I just sighed, knowing that this probably had everything to do with me. I had probably caused another argument, and Rohan probably wanted nothing to do with me, after everything that I had put him through. 

He had tried his hardest to get back in contact with me, but I hadn't brought myself to be the bigger person and move on from everything that had happened to me, and still is happening to me. This was probably all my fault and I had no idea how to get myself out of this situation, especially with a brother that had barely let me speak much. 

Rider had always been like that. Being the middle of us boys, he would always trample over me, quiet literally. I would lay on the floor, when I was a little boy, and if our parents or Rohan were in the room, and he had just come into the room, he would always walk all over me. He always made sure to speak over me. 

Maybe that was just what older brothers did. I had never experienced what it was like to have an older brother that was any different, so that was all I knew. I had nothing in common with my friends, especially with the ones that had older brothers, whom I knew were probably nothing like the brothers I had. Sure as shit, I'm pretty sure that my friends all had much better parents than I ever have had and ever will have.

There parents and siblings aren't distant like mine, and they never will be. I'm sure that even if they saw their parents or siblings as something distant, it would be nothing like mine, and I am glad that that is something that they can have. I get jealous from time to time, but there is nothing I can do to change what I have to have what they have. 

Not like I'm going back to any friends, anyways. "You know, I've missed you" Rider murmured, dragging me out of my thoughts, but I just continued to watch the rain trickle down my window. I hated everything about this, sitting in my brothers car as he drove me somewhere. For once, my anxiety wasn't sky rocketing around him, and I really didn't care if he just left me in a ditch for someone else. 

I was at that point where I was beyond having the feeling for anything. Feelings and emotions were beyond me at this point. Maybe I had missed him, but I was probably just too caught up in myself, being selfish with what I did have. I at least had a brother. "Yeah, you too" was all I could think of saying, which received a sigh from my brother.