ᴮᵃᵈ ⁱᵈᵉᵃ, ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ?

(A/N! The two are 18 here. This takes place in a break up exes-to-lovers situation. Alr enjoy. I'm also almost done with picture frame chapter)

Matt sat on the top of his car with Amity, "Ugh. I can't believe it's been two months after the breakup! Why do I still like him?" Amity sighed, twirling her wrist around, "I don't know Matt, if he cheated on you then..." Matt's sharp groan cut her off, "I feel like if he did cheat on me with Bria, I wouldn't still be feeling into him." Amity shrugged and rolled her eyes. The two sat there, staring at the stars from the roof of Matt's car. Amity pulled out a slip of paper from her back pocket, "He doesn't hate you Matt. He just thinks...you do." She ran her finger down the side of the paper. Matt ran his fingers through his hair, glancing at the paper in Amity's palm, "What is that?" Amity jumped slightly at Matt's change of tone from, 'Oh I'm in love with my ex' soft to 'What in the titans name?' Loud, "An invitation to Gus' 18th birthday." Amity handed it to her best friend as he stared down at it in sadness. "You should go. I would be good for you two to stop wallowing in self pity." Matt looked at her in partial offense but then scoffed as he knew she was right. He watched as wind folded the side of it down on his finger, "I'll go. Maybe we could be friends again." Amity thought for a second and then frowned, looking down at the invitation while clicking her tongue, "On second thought, it might be a bad idea."
"You know I'm all about my bad ideas."

Luz greeted the car that Amity was driving in the human realm. Amity rolled her window down, "¡Hola batata!" Luz opened the car door, hugging Amity as Matt (who was sitting in the passenger seat) felt a sting of jealousy. The rest of the group knew about the break up but didn't know why and they didn't pry because it really hurt Gus, so their turn heel response was to hate Matt and he started to regret coming when Willow and Hunter walked out, him being more afraid of Willow than the carpenter. He pulled his legs up in his seat, tugging the strings on his hoodie to close it, and placing his hands over his face with a groan. Willow high fived Amity as she glanced in the passenger seat and sighed, "You're still friends with Matt aren't you." Amity smiled and walked around to Matt's side of his car and opened the door, "Yes, and this moron is coming in the party." Luz and Willow glanced at each other and Hunter spoke with a confused blank expression, "Didn't he like...hurt my best friend?" Amity rolled her eyes, dragging Matt out of the car by his hoodie, "No, you don't know the whole story, blondie."

Willow raised an eyebrow, looking down at Matt who was trying to hide as Amity picked up the skeptical looks from them, "He wanted to come, I'm not playing matchmaker. This idiot still has feeling for-" She was cut off by Matt standing up, putting his dirty fingerless gloved hand over Amity's mouth, "Shut up." The two homos glanced as all off them had spells about to attack Matt, "Titandamn! What has he told you guys about the break up?!" He dusted the dirt and asphalt off of his clothes and pushed pass the group who was staring at him. He pushed open the double doors to see everyone he had ever met there. "Woah." He saw Gus across the room, playing guitar with a small kid audience. He was singing some song from the human realm; and everytime he missed a chord, he would just play a new song starting from that chord. He scanned the room not seeing any Bria and was confused, If they're dating, why isn't she at his party? Unless they aren't...

Gus pulled out a sheet that was torn at the corners. He edged closer to him and slid into the restroom hallway, where he got a good view. He looked at the paper that had hearts scribbled poorly on them. Matt's heart dropped for a second, Right he's dating...Bria. He read the initials in one of the hearts, G + M. Wait. That's one of the songs I wrote! Matt couldn't sing or really play any instrument except piano (due to him being forced as a child), but Titan be damned this boy could write songs.

The two boys sat under an apple tree as Gus practiced his guitar. Matt was laying on his stomach, kicking his feet while biting his tongue. "There! I finished it!" Gus glanced down at him as he sat up. The two 12 and 13 boys sat there staring at each other until Matt broke the silence, "I finished...the uh...song I was working on. It's for you if you...I don't know...play it. Y'know, since you're like a MASTER at guitar." Gus laughed as he picked up the paper, "This is really cheesy." He said reading the lyrics. Matt rubbed the back of his neck, "You don't have too...I just..." Gus smiled as he trailed off and glanced down at the paper that was littered with small hearts and chords, "No no. I'll play it because I love you!" Matt rolled his eyes and tried to cover up his red face, "Psh. Shut up."
(Steven universe time cuz I need to watch the show)
"I know I'm not that tall,"
"I know I'm not that smart..." He strummed gently.
"But let me drive my van into your heart."
"Let me drive my van into your heart...-" He stopped, sensing movement behind him as the kids glanced over as Matt wished he could disappear as he slid down the hall and into the bathroom, Oh Titan, oh Titan, oh Titan. Matt opened the bathroom door and hid in a stall. Oh my Titan. Why do I still have feelings for him...! I feel like I'm missing a big part of the story. He sighed as he heard a knock on the boy's bathroom, "Hey Matt? You good in there? Kinda just saw you scuttle off and hide like a crab." It was Amity with genuine concern. He heard a voice next to her, Gus' "Is he alright, I didn't know he was coming." Amity rolled her eyes, "Come on out Matt. I'll drive you home or something."  Matt brushed his bangs from his eyes as Gus spoke again, "I can go get him if you want." Matt's face turned red in embarrassment. "Nah no worries, he's hiding from you." Screw you, Amity. "Oh! I'll just uh...go back to the kids."

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?" Matt and Amity sat in her car. "Boo. I had to endure the pain of the men's restroom to drag you out." Matt groaned in his hands, as Amity sighed, "I knew it was a bad idea. Let's just go. I'll drop you off at our place and I'm coming back." Amity cranked up her car and groaned, "You can't keep avoiding him." Matt scoffed, "Says who?" There was a brief silence as Amity placed her hand on Matt's shoulder, "Says me. You need to talk to him and get the full story because even you don't know his perspective." Matt sighed angrily, "Fine. You have one hour and then I'm leaving and going back to our apartment, okay?" Amity smiled and nodded, "There's the Matt I know! Knock 'em dead!" She punched his shoulder hard.