Chapter 14

Florence, Sebastian, and Delliah sat at breakfast the next morning.
"I have always wanted to see a dragon!" said Sebastian, listening to Florence's story from earlier, "My father gave me a book about them when I was younger. Even though he did give Julian a broom that Christmas. It was a great present at least to me. But-"

"Ugh I hate Gryffindors!" Johnson said, sitting down at the table.

"Wait aren't you," Florence said, "Aren't you a Gryffindor?"

"Yeah," Johnson said, "We're annoying.".

"Anyways, not that I'm complaining but don't the Gryffindors seem to be in an awful mood today." said Sebastian

"Yeah and do you want to know why?" Korban said as he stopped at the table with Neville by his side.

"Oh my goodness you are like a leach!" exclaimed Delilah.

"A what?" asked everyone except for Florence and Sebastian.

She responded by pointing her finger at Korban, "None of your business." She then turned her head. "Did you kidnap Neville?"

"No! He's just who I heard the story from and I thought he would be the best one to explain it."

"Yeah well the spell you performed on Neville earlier this year would suggest otherwise Kaldor. And I thought I have told several times to stay away fr-"

"Delilah!" interrupted Florence, "Look I know you hate Slytherins especially Korban and I don't like him either but you don't see me yelling at him every time I see his face."

"No, let her yell at him," said Johnson, "Someone has to put those Slytherins in their place."

"As much as I love hearing you guys argue about my dear friend over here." Sebastian put his cloaked arm around Korban's neck, "I want to hear about why Gryfindor is less superior than the rest of us so Neville please explain."

"Um so last night I overheard Malfoy saying that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were going to go do something with a dragon and he was going to get them in trouble so I followed him and Mcgonnagal caught them. She said that they started a rumor to get Malfoy in trouble and she took away 150 points from Gryfindor."

By the end of Neviile's story Sebastian was full on cheering. Florence looked horrified at this while Delilah clamped her hand on Sebastain's mouth.

"I doubt Harry came up with that idea, he's not smart enough for that." said Florence, "And I heard about that Dragon yesterday that's what we were just talking about."

A few weeks passed and it was soon Delilah's 12th birthday. The day in her opinion was the best birthday she had in a while. Harry had given her a card, Florence gave her a fancy muggle bookmark, Julian and Johnson had combined their knowledge of Muggle items and some of Florence's help and bought me a black sweater, and Sebastian gave her a vhs of the Little Mermaid Neville wished her a happy birthday in passing but the most interesting part of her day is when she got back to her dorm and found Florence sitting a package on her bed.

"These came in by owl when you left lunch this morning. They are addressed to you."

Delilah sat down on her bed and opened the letter.

Wotcher Delilah,

Happy Birthday! I assume you're twelve now. Congratulations on being sorted into Ravenclaw. When I was in school I personally wasn't friends with any but the head girl was in Ravenclaw so that must mean they are a decent house. I personally don't know if it can compare to Hufflepuff but they might be just as good. Anyways my mother wanted to make sure I sent this to you. She knows your relationship with your father isn't... great, but he was her favorite cousin and would figure that she would like you to have this. I would write more but I have a friend I promised I would hang out with today that I met when I was training with Mad eye (the one who is training me to be an auror). He's about 9 and a half years older than me but I don't care and I accidentally found out a secret he was trying to hide. (his face when I told him I figured out was Hilarious). If you're up to it I'll take you to Diagon Alley again next year. I should be a full fledged auror by then.

Tonks

Delilah wished she could just stay with Tonks the whole summer. In fact why couldn't she. Tonks was one of her relatives and so is Andromeda so why couldn't she?

She put those thoughts aside as she opened the package. She pulled it out. It was a black leather jacket. Compared to Deliah the jacket was huge on her. It was more like a trench coat. She remembered that jacket. She was pretty sure it was her father's favorite. He wore it all the time. She remembered a distinct memory of her father playing with her stuffed animals with her and then tucking her into bed.

He seemed so nice. How could he do such horrible things? How could he hurt Harry? Harry was his godson. I would die before I would hurt Harry. He told me he hated the ways of the Blacks. Why did he lie?

Silent tears started trekking their way across her grief stricken face.

Why did he leave me? Why did he hurt me? What did I do? How did I hurt him? Why was I not worth him? Harry's parents died for him. My mother died for me. He abandoned me.

Why does he hate me? He gave me up to kill some muggles and his best friend. He didn't even take the time to make sure I went to someone after my mother died. He left me.

He didn't want me.

It was too much for Delilah. Her world just started crashing down around her. Tears racked her body. Her heart ached.

I just want to know why I wasn't enough for him.

She soon felt her head crash into her bed as she now coated the bed in sorrow as she clutched the jacket around herself.

She cried for her mother who was taken from her too soon, she cried for Harry and all the pain he had to endure because his parents had passed, she cried for the muggles her father had taken the lives of, she cried for her godfather who had already experienced terrible pain before her father entered his life, she cried for her father she will truly never know, and she cried for her innocence that was taken from her years ago before she even understood what it was.