Prologue: Bedtime story

(A/n: Young ophelia's picture is up above and the whole story is being told from Ophelia's pov)

It was rainy and dark outside the noble Black house, a few claps of thunder, and lightning could be clearly heard outside the streets of Grimmauld place, it's almost as loud as our parents shouting downstairs, it was mostly my mother though, which isn't that surprising. I don't think my mother thinks me and my brothers notice due to us being children.....they would be surprised.

I lay on the right side of my bed with my black blanket covering my body like a shield as I lay on my side, facing my one window in my medium-sized room. The walls were covered with dark grey wallpaper, except for my ceiling, which is just black. The window also faced my desk. It was a big enough desk for me "Only the best for my daughter," as my mother would say. It was your typical wooden desk for writing and such, but I only used it for writing and assignments my mother gave us. If I wanted to read, it would either be in our library, the floor (which mother always found odd), or my own bed or one of the chairs in our living room.

At the foot of my bed to the wall of my room, there was my vanity desk for my makeup and such. Mother always said that I was never too young to learn about these kinds of things. She even invited my cousins to help, but I don't understand why a woman has to paint her face all the time, but mother says, "You'll understand when you're old enough." A part of me doesn't want to understand, but another part of me knows it's a necessity as mother claims. "A way to fit in the mold our world."

I don't want that, I want to be original. Is that so wrong?

*knock knock knock*

I heard knocks, then the turn of my doorknob and the silent opening of my own door. I quickly turned my head in slight alarm, praying it wasn't mother. The gods definitely were listening, thank merlin. I saw two figures that I immediately recognized as my brothers and smiled at them. I sat up in my bed and looked at them, seeing my younger brother Regulus run up to me as fast and as graceful as his little legs could with his nightrobe on. My older brother Sirius quietly shut my door and walked up to the left side of my bed where Regulus was.

As soon as Regulus climbed up my bed, he immediately went to me and hugged me tightly like he was afraid to lose me. I heard his frightened whimpers that always broke my heart. Every time I heard them, I always wanted to take away whatever pain was inside him. When I felt the left side of the bed dip a bit, I looked up to my older brother who pulled my blanket covers over his body and who's hair was a dark brown and short like father's, not black like mother's, mine or Regulus's who was slightly brown but mostky black. I saw his pale skin and striking grey eyes that looked quite tired, and I saw him in his robes. I knew Regulus must've woken him up. I looked down on Regulus as I stroked his black hair and held his back, caressing it with my other hand, and I looked back at Sirius and asked, "The storm or the fighting?" Sirius rubbed his eyes and sighed and replied, "Believe it or not, a bit of both. The prat came running in and woke me up in a panic, like he saw a monster or something and kept begging me to bring us here."