Emotions

Bea's POV

The room was filled with an awkward silence as I struggled to maintain my composure. I had just lied to my friends about why I was in tears the previous night, and the guilt weighed heavily on me.

Grace, with genuine concern in her eyes, asked, "Bea, are you okay?" I looked up at Josh, whose support meant the world to me at that moment, and he reassured them, "She's amazing, why are you asking?"

Melanie persisted, "You were crying when you came in last night." I hesitated, unsure of how to respond, and Josh smoothly deflected, "It's because Josh and I got into a fight."

Theo, seemingly unaware of the tension in the room, chimed in with a sly grin, "Makes sense why we heard the make-up sex last night."

I forced a smile, trying to play along with the story, but inside, I felt a growing sense of unease. The weight of my lie was beginning to crush me, and I knew that sooner or later, the truth would have to come out.

Later, Melanie asked me to go upstairs with her to talk. Melanie's expression softened, and she looked at me with a mixture of sympathy and understanding. "Bea, whatever it is, you can talk to me. We're friends, and I'm here for you."

Tears welled up in my eyes again, and this time, I didn't fight them back. Melanie and I sat down in the living room, and I began to share the painful truth with her, about the lie, the rape, and the guilt that had been eating away at me.

I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, and they streamed down my face. Melanie's words had struck right at the heart of my secret pain. I nodded, unable to speak, my voice choked with emotion.

Melanie wrapped her arms around me, pulling me into a comforting embrace. "I'm so sorry," she whispered, her voice filled with genuine empathy.

Through my sobs, I managed to say, "I didn't want anyone to know."

Melanie squeezed me tighter and replied softly, "You don't have to keep it a secret, Bea. We're here for you, and we'll support you in any way you need."

In that moment, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief and gratitude. Melanie had seen through my lie and was offering me the support and understanding that I so desperately needed. It was a small step, but it felt like the beginning of a healing journey that I wouldn't have to walk alone.

Now all of us girls are sitting in the living room. The room fell silent as Grace's words hung in the air like a heavy cloud. All eyes turned to her, disbelief and concern etched on our faces. Melanie, who had been privy to my secret, now had to confront her own unexpected revelation.

"You think you may have cheated?" Melanie asked, her voice a mixture of disbelief and curiosity.

Grace nodded, her expression pained. "Yeah, I had too much to drink, and things got blurry. I can't remember everything clearly, but I woke up with someone else in bed beside me. I had to leave his house at 4am, so I could pretend I slept here."

Steph gasped, and my eyes widened. I felt a surge of empathy for Grace, knowing the guilt and confusion she must be experiencing. It was a situation none of us had anticipated.

Melanie put a comforting hand on Grace's shoulder. "Grace, it's okay. We all make mistakes. The important thing is to be honest about it."

Grace sighed, her shoulders slumping. "I know, but I have to tell Theo. I can't keep this from him."

The room was filled with a heavy silence, the weight of the situation sinking in.
———————————————————————————
Melanie's POV