Chapter 4

"This isn't some fan fiction where I fall in love immediately"

—————

It's been a few weeks since Togami and I made our deal. So far, I've just been doing the bare minimum for him: watching out for suspicious people, ordering coffees, and other sorts of mundane intern work. I think he's trying to make me feel inferior to him, but I couldn't care less about his complex. I just don't want him to spread my business around. I'm not ready to take all that comes with being a "famous conglomerate." Plus, theres Yuki I need to look out for...

—————
I'm residing in my thoughts as I walk to homeroom, a medium black coffee and a small mocha in either of my hands, when I see someone waving to me in my peripheral. Walking up, I see it's Aoi, Sakura behind her, trying to get my attention.

"Again with the coffees? You always come in with two, do you seriously need to drink that much?" Aoi exclaims, flailing her arms around as she does so

"Well no, I just drink the small one" I hold up my mocha, "the other one is for someone else."

"Is it Togami? I've noticed you and him were getting closer. It's surprising to say the least." Sakura joins in

"No- well yes but-" I pause to collect my words, "Togami and I aren't close per se. I work for his family is all. It's a work thing, nothing else"

Aoi looks at me with skepticism seeping through her face, to which I just smile and hope she doesn't say anything...

"Ok then! Didn't know you worked!" Wow. Makoto, watch out, I might be taking your place.

—————

"What took you so long? My coffee is cold now, thanks to your incompetence."

I roll my eyes at Togami, and just wait until he either goes to his seat or gives me another order. "Listen, I need to talk to you after school. Meet me on the rooftop, and try not to dawdle this time."

"Oh? Whats this about? Are you finally going to go to therapy?" I smirk to myself as he scoffs with an annoyed huff.

"Don't be absurd, the Togami family don't need such things. We are above that." False, but ok, "I have something for you to do that involves the school, so just arrive on time, ok?"

"Yea, whatever. Let me guess, don't tell anyone?"

"It looks like you aren't entirely insolent." Wow. Ok.

—————

School ends for the day, but not for me. I still have "important matters" to get to with Mr. Prissy Pants. Hopefully it's nothing too long, since I want to go home and take a nap.

"Good job making it early," I see Togami look my way as I open the door to the rooftop, "I didn't think you were capable of such things"

"Aren't you a peach. How's the god complex treating you." I shot an insult back at him.

"Shut up," he groans out, "I'll make this quick for you so you can leave my presence as soon as possible."

"Ok, well on with it. Are you gonna wait all day?"

"Fine. I have to give a presentation in Tokyo, and I need someone to come as a 'plus one' since I'm going to be the sole proprietor of the fortune in the next few years. You need to dress formally, but don't let anyone know you're an Asahi. I don't want tabloids to start thinking I'm with my rival. We leave next week at sun up, and we'll be back by sundown. Do you understand?"

I am floored by this. Me? As Togami's plus one? As if. I could never be with a Togami. They're all pretentious rich assholes who think they're above everyone. I started to walk off in defiance when I heard Togami speak once more.

"You know what will happen if you say no, correct? You just started becoming friends with everyone, you wouldn't want them to fear you for your power, right?" Fuck.

"Yea, yea, whatever. I'll be there. Just try not to be annoying, ok?" I turn back to him.

He just smirks. "As long as you act like you can tolerate being around me. And try not to be late, I would love to be on time."

I walk off, shutting the door on him. I swear, if it weren't for the fact that I had to be in class with the worst man ever from the worst family ever, I would love to be at school, but with him ordering me around 24/7, I just can't stand being here. I thought it would be like Yuki's class, but I was wrong. I'm stuck with money bags, and I'm reminded of it every single day. I sigh and take a breath, deciding to walk around before going home.

'Somebody better get me out of this nightmare soon...'