The Lost World: Chapter 2

Third Person POV

In a warehouse full of workers, Ian and Jason had met up with Eddie Carr, one of the members of the expedition team, following him into the warehouse.

Eddie: "You can't shave 3 days off my deadline and expect everything to be ready. I'm not fully supplied. I haven't field-tested any of this."

Ian: "What's the point of giving her a satellite phone if it doesn't work? What is the matter with this?"

Ian attempted to use the satellite phone but was unable to make it work.

Eddie: "Could be anything-- solar flares, satellite out of sync. Maybe she even turned it off."

Jason: "I assume the gear I need is here?"

Eddie: "Yeah, just look for Ramsey by the trailer. They got it all in a cache for you."

The teen nodded and walked away towards the mobile trailer to search for Ramsey, his eyes scanning the area until he noticed a few people around.

Jason: "I'm looking for Ramsey. Is he here?"

The men looked at eachother before chuckling, one of them pointing at the mobile trailer.

???: "Inside the trailer."

Jason nodded and went to the back of the trailer which was open like a car trunk, hopping in and looking around when suddenly his Primal Sense kicked in which made him duck down quickly and avoid a bullet.

The teen quickly stood up with a pissed expression.

Jason: "I am NOT target practice!"

In front of Jason was a dark skinned woman with an afro holding a torch and bullet casing.

Woman: "My apologies. Didn't think anyone was around."

Jason: "Are you Ramsey?"

The woman nodded and smiled, going back to work.

Ramsey: "That's right. And you are?"

Jason: "Jason Muldoon. I'm here for the gear that was made for me."

Ramsey smiled and walked over to a large cache box.

Ramsey: "Excellent. I got your gear in here."

Putting in a code and opening it, Ramsey pulled out the first piece of gear which was a pair of arm bracers with what looked to be blades on the top of them. They were primarily black in color and had a matte look to them.

Ramsey: "These bladed bracers here are made out of a strong titanium alloy

Ramsey: "These bladed bracers here are made out of a strong titanium alloy. Not easy to come by honestly so I had to make a call to get them made. The blades are strong and sharp enough to cut through the toughest of trees. Just don't sleep with them on."