Chapter 18 - Him & I

Mr. Glants words hung in the air for a few long moments as I let his implications hit me, Mattheos hand around the back of my neck only tightening as I stood, glaring with a fierce intensity at the crusty old man in front of me.

Glant smiled a wide sinister grin, the darkness in him showing through, his true self, his reality shining through now as his words hit their mark, the impact of them slicing through me like a knife. He was no keeper of peace. He was just as bad if not worse than the Death Eaters I grew up with and this hint of his true mind was on full display now. He found much to much pleasure in tearing us apart.

I was not a follower of the Dark Lord, I would never be a Death Eater and I certainly would never ever allow myself to stoop to the dark and twisted levels that Mattheos biological mother had. I had done everything in my damn power not to become what she had, to make sure in all my school years that I removed myself from dark influences that haunted me every day. This was much more than an insult. In our world, in this world, a statement like that was as good as a damn curse and Glant knew it. 

I could feel my rage begin to swirl and take over the way I used to see Mattheos rage blind him as a teen back at school right before a fight and I knew right there and then that I was almost to my breaking point, I had to real myself back in but it was too late, I felt my own curse brewing inside me.

I took a deep breath, letting it out ever so slowly to fill the silence in the room, my eyes fixed on Glants as I finally found my voice again. My lips parted to speak, an icy cold threat of a tone escaping me, power and silent spell backing my words.

"I will remember those words Mr. Glant... I wish you nothing but misery and loneliness for the rest of your pathetic sorry excuse for a life. I wish you pain and agony more terrible than the Cruciatus curse."

Before anyone was able to react, Mattheo was dragging me out of the courtroom by the back of my neck, his expression blank and emotionless, just the way I had seen him so many times when he was on his own back at school. I didn't know this Mattheo, not the way others had felt his wrath, and panic began to rise in me as I realize what I had done.

He opened and closed the exit door so calmly and so evenly that it almost made me feel worse than if he had just slammed the thing, walking swiftly with me in toe out into the hallway before we were whisked out of the Ministry, Mattheo aparating so suddenly that I wasn't even sure all of my body had followed.

I could feel his fingers tighten almost too much around the back my neck as we swirled and wooshed through time and space, his breath heavy against my cheek as I felt him lean in closer, a snarl escaping his lips.

Finally I felt my feet hit the floor of my apartment. Mattheos strong hands grabbed my waist tight in an instant before I was able to catch my breath, his body shoving against mine and I felt my back hit hard against the Kitchen wall behind me, his lips on mine in a desperate hungry sort of kiss that took my damn breath away.

He was insatiable, his mouth devouring my lips as he shoved his body against mine, his hips thrusting hard into me with a growl of need.

There was nothing I could do to stop this man, my panic and emotions running wild with a mix of lust and terror all in one.

His hands slid up my body, one against my back to pull me closer, the other taking my jaw roughly in his grasp to pull my lips away from his as if he could not manage to do it himself without the aid of his commanding hand.

I was speechless, terrified as I looked deeply into this wild man's eyes, his jaw clenching as he looked down at me, his lips finally parting to speak.

"I... am so fucking proud of you, Juliet... so goddamn proud of you..." He said in a harsh gravely tone, his hips thrusting against mine again to make his need clear.