Chapter 25

Hunter-
I'm just chilling in my room doing some homework when I hear a knock on my door. "It's done." Amanda says leaning on my door frame and smirking. I know she's talking about the plan. "You told him?" I ask. She nods. "Yes let's go! Soon enough he'll end it with her and I'll swoop in." "And I'll be dating the quarter back on the football team." Amanda cuts in. I roll my eyes in response. I doubt Amanda actually loves James. She just wants to be dating the quarterback. She wants the typical high school relationship. Cheerleader and football player. But honestly I don't care, as long as she's helping me get Riley. The plan is finally moving. Soon enough Riley will be all mine.

James-
I haven't told anyone about my conversation with Amanda. I partly don't think she's serious. Blackmailing me into a relationship with her? I'm just gonna go about my day normally and see how it goes. "James it's 8 you gotta go!" My mom yells from downstairs. I get my backpack and head down to start walking to school. I go to the quad where I usually meet Riley and the boys. There waiting for me is Riley and hunter. Their talking and laughing about something. "Heyy." Riley says noticing I'm here. She walks up and kisses me. "So where's everyone else?" I ask them with my arm around Riley's shoulder. Hunter looks at the ground as soon as I do. "I don't know I guess their not here yet." Riley says right before the bell rings and were off to first period. "Bye Riley." Hunter says lifting his eyes off the cement. She waves bye and then puts her hand in mine as I walk her to class.

Lunch went normally today. But I could feel Amanda's eyes on me the whole 30 minutes. I tried not to make contact with her, in hopes she wouldn't bring up what she said yesterday. But after I dropped Riley off at her 6th period and I was on my way to football practice, she found me. "James what don't you understand." She asks me. "If you don't end it with her I'll show that's pictures to her dad." "Amanda why are you doing this? This haven't worked out for us in the past what makes you think it will now?" "That dorks always been in the way." "Don't call her that." "James, if it's not done by tomorrow, I'm showing her dad the pictures. The choice is yours." She says before walking away. My heart breaks. I know what I have to do. To protect Riley. She hates her mother. I know the last thing she wants is to live with her. But I don't know if I can do this.

Riley-
Usually James calls me and we talk while I get ready. But he hasn't. It's almost 8, which means he has to start walking to school. And I have no response from his texts. It's a little weird since he always texts me back immediately, but maybe his phone dies or something. I'm probably over thinking it. Laura calls me down stairs to go to school. I'm wearing converse, a pair of jeans, and a blue tank top with my glasses. I grab my backpack and head down to the car. I was really eager to see James during the car ride. I just want to see him and talk to him so I know he's not ignoring me. I get out of the car and walk into campus. I walk to the spot we usually meet at and push a strand of wavy light brown behind my ear when I get stopped in my tracks. Instead of my usual sight, James and the boys laughing and James waving at me as soon as he sees that I'm here, I see him leaning on the wall of a classroom with his hands around Amanda. Amanda kissing him. Everything goes blank for me.