Chapter 16

Today was the last day Caleb could see Tia. He will spend the last night with her before she departs home. He was determined to ensure she got the proper goodbye he could give her.

Caleb had secretly spoken with his maids and servants to prepare a special event just for her. Zao took charge of the preparations, and so did Mei. Dunick was asked to keep quiet about the event, so he did.

"Lord Dunick, it seems your wife has arrived with the rest of the men," Eckhart announces.

"Thank you, Eckhart. Caleb, would you like to meet her?"

"It is my duty, is it not?"

"Hahahaha, that is quite true." Dunick leads Caleb outside of the manor. The large banner of House Aris rises high as the envoy approaches the gates. The main carriage drives forward and parks at the front. The men marching take a rest and sit down.

"Ahh! My beautiful wife has arrived! I'm sorry I went ahead darling, here let me-" The carriage door swings open, cutting off Dunick. A worried look and cold sweat drip across his face. "-and I might be dead..."

Walking out of the carriage, a beautiful woman with golden locks and aquamarine eyes gleefully smiles as she steps down. Slowly approaching the worried Dunick.

"I know it was about your brother, but running away for days ahead without warning can make a woman think of dangerous things, darling. You will answer to me later tonight." Her smile doesn't change, but the murderous aura around her never leaves.

"Is this the young brother you mentioned was in danger? He looks perfectly fine." Her smile twists even more. She grips Dunick on the shoulder, and he nearly falls to his knees for her.

"Y-Yes, this is my brother! C-Caleb!" Dunick stutters frequently as he continues to shake in his boots.

"Oh good, it is nice to meet my brother-in-law. I am Yuno. I hope my idiot husband didn't cause you any trouble as he has with me."

"N-None at all; he's all yours, my Lady." Caleb bows before stepping away, knowing how to read the situation.

"C-Caleb, brother! Please don't leave me! I need you to be my witness!"

"Sorry, can't hear you over your own mistakes!" Caleb dashes back into the manor and closes the door. A blood-curdling scream can be heard behind the doors.

*

Dunick sits at the table with a hefty slap mark on his face and smiles with no emotion. My brother had a "moment" with his wife. She gracefully sparkles as she sits down in her chair along with the rest of the family.

"I appreciate you are traveling such a distance to visit our home, Lady Yuno," Valum speaks lightheartedly.

"It was no trouble at all; I am glad to arrive in due time. It is my pleasure to meet you all."

Yuno speaks to all of us. Dunick lets down his guard and gives a genuine smile. He is madly in love with her; she is a very important woman to him.

"Will you partake in tonight's events for the Eliska's?" Valum asks.

"Unfortunately, certain circumstances forbid me from drinking or participating in any activities." Yuno giggles and holds my brother's hand. They both smile, and the hint of something more is apparent.

"Are you saying that-"

"Yes, we are expecting a child soon." Dunick smiles with joy and pride.

I blinked momentarily, and the thought of my brother being a dad surprised me. However, the idea that I would be an uncle made me happy.