Prologue

The waves moved calmly as Wingull sang out into the sea. Large sandy beaches all across the island allowed Sandygast and Swampert to thrive. Going further inland, many different habitats made up this large island, with forests for Bug and Grass Types, deserts for Fire and Ground Types, and even a giant mountain for Ice and Dark Types. This island truly had it all, and it created a rich and habitable landscape for both people and Pokémon to thrive in.

The island of Pasio was truly a marvel of human engineering. An entirely man-made island, the project had taken years of research and work to perfect, but it was eventually done. Of course, as with every piece of land, humans were always going to create problems, so only those with a valid invitation could visit the island, but the few humans who were invited were not disappointed with the island. Among these people were world-renowned Pokémon Trainers and Pokémon League Champions from all across the world, including the likes of the legendary Red and Cynthia, but one person who was not invited was soon due to arrive.

A seemingly unconscious body floated along the waves toward the island, with not a soul knowing he was even there. As the body eventually crashed up against the shore, Krabby and Pyukumuku scurried away from the disturbance and none stopped to help. It took quite a while for anything to even notice that the boy was there, both people and Pokémon being completely unaware of his presence, until a lone swimmer walked out onto the beach to try and relax. She stretched her arms above her head and took in the atmosphere around her.

Misty: Aahhh! What a beautiful day! I definitely picked the right time for a swim!

This was Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader from the Kanto Region who specialized in using Water Type Pokémon. As usual, she stripped herself down to the swimwear she wears underneath her normal clothes and began walking toward the water when she spotted something.

Misty: Hm? What's that? Is that... A PERSON?!

Misty quickly hurried over to he body and flipped it over. He appeared to be a young male no older than 19 with shoulder-length brown hair and a fit body wearing a black t-shirt, blue jeans and red sneakers. Misty acted quickly, pulling out her phone and dialing the island's emergency services.

Phone: Thank you for calling Pasio Pokémon Center's Emergency Hotline. What can I help you with?

Misty: I came out to the beach to take a swim, but then I saw this guy passed out in the sand! I think he washed up here!

Phone: Do you know this man?

Misty: No, I've never seen him before. I just found him here on the beach.

Phone: Is he still breathing? How are his vitals?

Misty leaned down and placed her ear up against the young man's chest and waited. Eventually, she began to hear a faint beating sound, but it was stagnant and slow. She lifted herself again to address the voice over the phone.

Misty: He's alive, but his heartbeat is off. Something must have happened to him.

Phone: Understood, Ma'am. Paramedics are on their way right now. They will be able to take care of him until they bring him back to us. Please try to keep him stable until we can get to you.

Misty: Thank you so much.

The call ended and Misty began dragging the boy's body closer to the land so that she could more easily flag down the paramedics. She placed he boy flat on his back and kept a hand on his chest to feel his heartbeat just incase it went out. After waiting for a few minutes, an ambulance parked itself on the sand as several paramedics rushed over to them. Misty stood back and allowed them to load up the boy while the head medic asked her some questions. Once they were done, they thanked Misty again before driving back to the Pokémon Center for further treatment.

Misty: I hope that guy will be okay...

*(A/N): So, I don't know what starter to give you guys, so I'll just have you guys vote on it. Comment any Pokémon you want, and I'll give you the base form of it!*