Chapter 16 - The Troublemakers are Back

Kirk watched as she walked with measured steps, draped in a white halter top and black skirt and high heels with a leather jacket to finish off the outfit. Oh, and a pair of white mittens. Kirk smiled. She carried her head high as if she knew exactly where she was going although she hadn't located him and the rest of Metallica yet, who stood smoking outside of the building in the Canadian weather. She noticed them through the glass and nodded in a brief greeting, approaching the exit.

"Holy shit, it's cold." She said and James took the freedom to rub his hands over her arms to warm her. "You rubbing off the chlamydia from that girl who left your dressing room earlier?" She joked. 

James snickered together with the others and let go off her, quickly reminded that her tongue was a ferret, a sea anemone, and she wasn't a free playground. "Alright, ready to go?"

"Mh-hm." She nodded and they got into the limousine who stood waiting by the road. It was spacy inside with white seats and a fridge with champagne and glasses ready to be used. The group chatted on and laughed. They had opened a total of 3 bottles and passed a blunt around when they arrived to the party.

(Y/N) inhaled the fresh winter air. "Oh, air." She said as they got out from the musky weed scented limo.

"God, the air has never felt... so airy." Kirk sighed deeply.

"Right? Like, the definition of the word air." 

"Vancouver air. The airiest air." James nodded. "It's nice to get out of shithole LA every once in a while, huh?"

"Yeah." She nodded. "Gosh, you guys really don't like the city, huh?"

"Worst people there. You should move to SF instead." Lars said.

"Yeah. Los Angeles is kinda, you know, drinks with little umbrellas and glam bands, whilst San Francisco is beer and real music." Kirk said. 

"Oh, come on. Los Angeles has the coolest music scene." (Y/N) argued as she held the door open for the boys to go inside the house and for the party to begin, saying hi to old and new faces and settling down around a table and getting some drinks into their system. 

"We haven't been to your apartment yet, though. The new one."

"Ahh, you gotta come over sometime."

"Can't we all go there after Vancouver's over?" Lars wondered. "Have a little sleepover." 

"Well, I only got one bedroom. So uh, one at a time, ladies." She said and they chuckled. "No but I got a sofa. That's about it. But my bed's big though, real big."

"We'll figure it out." James said with a grin. 

"(Y/N), I challenge you to a drinking game. The first one to finish a glass of vodka-" One of the new faces suddenly appeared by the table. 

"A glass of vodka?" She repeated. 

"A glass of vodka, wins... the honour."

"You just want to get me drunk, don't you?"

"No, I just want to see if you can take it."

(Y/N) looked at the others for reassurance or for help. 

"I'll hold your hair if you throw up." Kirk offered, and the boys did what they did best - the opposite of what she wanted. "Drink! Drink! Drink!" They cheered.

Now, (Y/N) was a fast drinker. She had no problem turning her tastebuds off and especially not if it was a challenge. She cleared the glass just before him, slamming it against the table top to the loud cheering from the guys around.