The Boy in the Iceberg

Disclaimer: I don't own Avatar: The Last Airbender. The transcript is from avatar.fandom.com and I changed a bit.

A/N: Welcome to my new Project! I had this idea a long time ago before I started Power to Strive. But here we are now. Have fun on this new journey.

|~|

Katara opened her eyes, only to realize that she wasn't in her tent anymore. She gasped and sat up and looked around. She was in a room without windows and doors. The torches on the walls were the only light source in the room. In the corners, she could see something that looked like air vents. Then she saw Sokka lying right beside her, still sleeping.

"Sokka?" she shook him awake.

"Hm? Katara? Five more minutes." he mumbled.

She shook him again, a little firmer this time. "Wake up."

He groaned, but slightly opened his eyes. "Is anything alright?"

"No."

Sokka sat up and yawned. "What is it, then? I'm tired." But when he saw, where they were, he was no longer tired. "Where are we?!" he yelled and shook Katara by the shoulders.

Katara pushed his hands off her and stood up. "I don't know. Last thing I knew, I was going to bed and then waking up here."

Sokka also stood up, and the siblings looked around. They weren't alone in the room. A bald boy with tattoos, a black-haired girl in a green dress, an old man and a teenager with a ponytail. The last two wore Fire Nation clothes. They were all still unconscious.

Sokka stood protective in front of Katara and went to grab his club, only to realize that it wasn't there. "Where is my club?" he panicked.

Katara was about to tell him that it was probably still in his tent, but was cut off when she heard groaning. The bald boy sat up and rubbed his head. "What's going on?" he asked and saw the siblings staring at him. "Oh! Hello. Who are you?"

Before Katara could even open her mouth to answer, Sokka spoke up: "Don't answer that. He's probably a member of the Fire Navy."

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. "Oh, sure, he's a member of the Fire Navy." she said sarcastically. "The only ones who are from the Fire Navy are those two." She pointed to the old man and the teenager.

"You can't be careful enough." he retorted, shrugging his shoulders.

She only rolled her eyes and went to the boy and helped him to his feet. "Ignore him, he's a little paranoid, sometimes."

"I'm not! I'm just being careful!" Sokka yelled. The boy smiled at the two.

"Don't yell so loud. You're not the only one here!" They turned around and saw that the girl was awake now. To their surprise, they saw that she was blind. "Who are you anyway?" she asked them as she stood up.

"I'm Katara and this is my brother Sokka." she answered her.

"And I'm Aang." the bald boy said cheerfully.

"My name is Toph. Where are we?" She could feel that she wasn't home anymore.

"We don't know. But I want to know why these two are here." Sokka said and glared at the two from the Fire Nation, who began to wake up.

When the teenager saw the others, he went to attack but was held back. "Don't Prince Zuko."

"But Uncle..." He was cut off by Sokka.

"Prince? Oh, great. Why is the Fire lord's son here?!" he scoffed.

Aang looked between Sokka and Zuko back and forth, he was confused. He didn't understand what was going on, and why did they look at each other with so much hate? They clearly just met, so why do they hate each other already so much?