I place my hands in my lap as my thoughts start spinning again. I don't know what it is but any time she shows me such affection I just... shut down. Not in the—I can't breathe, excited way either. It just makes my heart... too full. I can't decipher her intentions and that really scares me. She's such an enigma and I keep losing control.

I try to tell myself I want to take it slow but then I think about her, or see her, touch her. It just all fades away and I lose all sense of worry. Then, as soon as it's over, it's like my brain just takes it all apart. "Dani?" she calls, "yeah..." I mumble as I keep staring at my lap. "What happened?" she asks softly and I can hear the hesitancy in her tone.

"Overthinking" I admit, "tell me... maybe I can help" she offers. Out the corner of my eye, I can't ignore the way her fingers twitch. I feel so bad for making her feel nervous around me or like she's always doing something wrong. It's me that's the problem. "Do you... I don't know" I sigh, "it's ok, take your time. I'm not in a rush" she assures me.

"Do you live here? I mean, I assume not since you're staying in a hotel..." I ask and she shakes her head. "I travel for work. I'm here on an... assignment" she answers, "for how long?" I ask quietly. "It could take weeks... months, it depends" she says and I hum to myself. "And so—this..." I gesture between us, "what about it?" she asks for me to elaborate.

"Why do you care so much if, in the end, you're just gonna leave me too?" I whisper and a stretch of silence falls before us. I don't dare to look at her, not wanting to know what she looks like right now. "What makes you think I'm going to leave you...?" she asks quietly, "well, you have a life to get back to. You're not staying here forever" I point out.

"I know you said you want to take it slower and I respect that, I just feel like—in order to properly answer your question—I have to say it..." she sighs, "ok" I reply softly. "I want you to come with me" she mutters and I turn to look at her in surprise. "C-come with you?" I echo, "yes... if that's something you want to do when the times comes. If not, and you'd still want to continue this, then I'd just visit you" she adds.

"You don't want that..." I mumble, "I do. I really do, Dani" she whispers. "No... you don't want someone like me. I'd just be a burden and-" "Danielle, you are NOT a burden" she interjects. "I am, Billie" I sigh sadly, "I'm always making you second guess yourself because of my stupid brain. I can hardly take care of myself, let alone another person and... I just don't think you realize what you're asking for" I ramble.

"I'm... I'm just asking for your heart, Dani. That's all I want. You take care of me without even realizing it, it's one of the things I love most about you. Sure, sometimes I'm a little nervous but... that's because I care. I want to be mindful about how you're feeling and what you're thinking, always. And based on what you're saying... you think the same things too. So, is that really so bad?" she counters.

"Billie..." I sigh softly, "baby..." she whispers as she turns my face towards her. "I know you don't want me to call you that anymore but—Dani... I care about you. I want you. All of you. You can't convince me otherwise" she affirms as she stares into my eyes. "Ok" I whisper and she smiles, the one that makes my knees a bit unsteady.

"How about we grab something to eat?" she suggests, thankfully changing the subject. "Sure..." I say, putting on my seatbelt as she starts the car. She clicks her own and turns to me, lightly smacking her hand on the console. "McDonald's?" she asks and I giggle uncontrollably at the thought of her in a place like that. "Yeah... ok" I agree, "fabulous" she smirks before pulling off.

During the drive I notice her hand resting on the gearshift, though she doesn't drive a manual. So I take the initiative to grab her hand which makes her glance at me. I interlace our fingers and place them on my thigh. I see her smile as she grips my hand tighter. The ride isn't long but I find myself drifting away to thoughts about Billie's comments earlier.

She wants me to come with her... to wherever she lives. She wants to be with me. She really wants to be with me. Fuck she's pretty. I feel a teasing squeeze to my thigh which breaks me out my thoughts. I giggle and push her hand away since I've very ticklish. She grabs my hand again and holds it tight as she raises her eyebrows.

"Penny for your thoughts" she says, "I was thinking about you..." I smile softly. "Mmm... what about me?" she asks as she leans closer, "how beautiful you are" I mumble as my eyes drop to her lips. "Oh really?" she smirks, "mhm" I hum before pressing my lips against her own. I start to get a bit carried away and I take off my seatbelt. I hear hers click directly after and something takes over me.

I pull myself up and move to straddle her lap, holding her face in my hands as hers clutch at my waist. When I finally have to pull away for air, I rest my forehead against hers with my eyes closed. I can hear her panting beneath me making me smirk a little. "Dani... you know we're in the parking lot, right?" she teases, "really? I thought we were in bed" I whisper as I run my fingers up the nape of her neck.

She shudders as my fingers grip her hair and I swear I could hear a whimper leave her lips. "If you keep doing that we won't be eating food tonight" she whispers, "I mean this is isn't a meal? That's debatable" I taunt her as I run my hand over her breasts. She grips my hips tightly and swiftly pulls me closer to her making me gasp.

"If you keep teasing me, it won't end well" she warns, quirking her eyebrow to further her point. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do to me?" I whisper as I run a finger down her exposed neckline. "Unspeakable things" she whispers as she squeezes my ass and I chuckle, though it sounds more like short gasps due to my arousal.

"We'll see about that" I state as I go to climb back over to my seat. At the last minute she pulls me back and presses her lips harshly against mine. It literally takes all the breath from my lungs and I fall into her. As she runs her fingers up my back I moan into her mouth. She pulls away and smirks, "we shall" she says before releasing me so I can move.

-