out of control

Amity loses control of her magic and her abomination turns against her! Luckily, Lilith is the best mother-figure and helps her.

Requested by No1Needs2Know8

      _____________________________

It was a pretty stressful day for Amity. She didn't get a lot of sleep and was having focusing issues during school. It was finally the end of the day which meant lessons with Lilith for Amity. She loved learning and Lilith was a great teacher and made it a whole lot better. She really loved being Lilith's apprentice. Not only was it fun, but Lilith also made her feel like she was worth more than something to brag about to people. She made her feel like she was enough just by existing.

When she arrived at the training area that they decided on, she saw Lilith waiting for her.

"Good afternoon, Amity, how was school?" She greeted the 13 year old witch.

"It was okay," she admitted. She wasn't going to start venting to her teacher though. She knew it could be a little more dangerous to do abomination magic while stressed and drained on energy.

"Alright, let's start with your main track subject," Lilith began. Hexside had tracks and minor subjects like magic 101 (which taught the basics of magic like levitation, fire, ice, etc.) Or history. There were track minors which talked about things based off of the witch's track (example: abomination history).

The first task that Lilith had Amity do was create an abomination. However, to create a normal sized abomination (that her parents didn't create as a babysitter) she needed to make a mixture.

So Amity began creating an Abomination with the ingredients that Lilith had provided. Her hands were a bit shaky since she skipped lunch to study more. This was a problem because she accidentally added too much callidus (random herb I made up for this fic). It was a known fact that callidus was very important to measure correctly, as it was the major key into controlling the abomination. However, Amity didn't want to tell Lilith! That would make her seem like she was careless! So she hoped that it didn't change the abomination too much.

Eventually, the mixture was finished. It was the moment of truth to see if the perfect girl would end up making a mistake. She summoned the abomination and surprisingly, it rose! It stepped out of the cauldron and stood idly.

"Abomination, attack," Amity commanded, pointing to the illusion dummies that Lilith made. But there was a problem. The abomination didn't move. 

"Abomination! Attack!" Amity demanded more sternly. 

'This is bad!' She screamed in her mind.

Instead of obeying her, the gooey creature turned around and looked down at Amity. It made a couple noises before it unexpectedly grabbed her.

"Amity!" 

Lilith jumped into action, upon realizing that Amity had lost control of her abomination. However, she was too late and the creature had thrown Amity across the training field and into a tree. It took her every ounce of strength not to run over and check her. She could hear Amity groan and whimper with pain. But she had to ignore that for now.

Lilith tried to regain the control of the monster by using advanced abomination magic but it was no use. It started to make its way toward Lilith, ready to attack her as well. So she quickly summoned a potion vile with water and quickly boiled it using fire magic. Once it was extremely hot, she threw the vile at the monster. Abominations that were out of control and or rebellious could be melted down using boiling water or acid. 

The glass of the bottle broke when it landed on the goo creature and began to melt it. Soon it was all purple mush. Once Lilith was sure the threat was gone, she rushed over to her witchlet. 

"Amity, are you okay? What hurts? Do I need to call the healing coven?" She began bombarding the girl with questions. Amity was on her knees and clutching her chest and rib area, a noticeable look of agony on her face.

"My ribs hurt…" she said through her gritted teeth. Lilith went to examine them but Amity flinched and pulled away.

"Amity, please cooperate. I want to help you," She almost begged the girl. 

Amity hesitated before finally nodding and allowing Lilith to help. The mentor took a look at them and even ran a diagnostic spell just in case and found that her student had very bruised back ribs.

"Oh dear, this must hurt," Lilith spoke in a soft tone. Amity blushed and barely nodded. She didn't want to seem weak in front of her.

"Come on, I'll take you back to my place," Lilith held out a hand for her to take.

"B-but what about-" Amity hissed through her teeth in pain as she raised her voice and panicked a little, "Our lesson," she finished her sentence.

"I don't care about that right now. My top priority is to make sure you're okay. I care about you, dear. It's so hard to see you try and hide your feelings or pretend to be strong and okay. I've been teaching you since you were little. I know the things that irk you, to the things that get you excitedly happy about. Please just let me take care of you. It hurts to see you in pain," Lilith explained. She knew that Amity could get very closed off at times and isolate herself from everything. 

"F-fine, you can help…" she mumbled after a moment of hesitation.

Lilith was more than delighted that Amity had finally accepted her offer. It was hard to persuade her into doing things she didn't want. 

Lilith guided and helped the girl stand up. Amity leaned heavily onto her mentor once she was up. Lilith saw the pained expression on her face. So she gave her a small side hug that would disturb her back wound. Amity cracked a small smile but out of no where, tears started to toll down her face. She hiccuped slightly as her breathing was now getting harder to control.

Lilith saw this and immediately asked what was wrong. She knew Amity wouldn't cry over a simple thing like pain and the thing causing the tears was something more important.

"W-why couldn't my mom b-he like you," she hiccuped out as Lilith held her.

Lilith knew Amity didn't have the best mom. Multiple times Amity came to lessons with a light bruise on her cheek but never brought it up. She also knew how Odalia neglected her children. 

"I'm sorry, Amity. I wish there was something I could do," Lilith comforted the upset girl. That's when she had an idea. The girl never got any motherly affection, same with Lilith. The teacher never wanted a child to suffer through mommy issues like she did. So she decided that she would try to give Amity the motherly affection that she never got.

"Let's go back to my place and you can vent to me all you want," Lilith explained before pulling the girl into a piggyback. Amity was not used to this feeling but soon relaxed into her teacher's shoulders.

Halfway through the walk back, Amity had fallen asleep. The girl was so tired and peaceful when she slept that Lilith didn't want to wake her. So she carried her all the way to her cottage and laid her down on the couch. She tucked her in with a blanket and pillow and gave her a peck on the forehead before she went into the kitchen to make a healing potion.