Chapter 1

-Silver lining-

-Silver lining-

-Author-

"One Mojito, no alcohol." She props herself on the stool, placing her wallet on the counter. The bartender nods, his gaze sprawling down her figure. She smirks, peering her eyes off him and whirling towards the dance floor looking at the sweaty bodies engaged in one or another bustle. She tosses her hair, tucking away a few strands behind her ear, covering the Bluetooth device that she had fixed to her ear.

Her eyes darken, a poised smirk dancing on her lips as a familiar body shows up.

"He's here, copy."

"Aahana, are you sure you are doing this?" She grumps, tired of hearing the same shit.

"God, not again, Sid." She whines, annoyed.

"Aahana, I still don't think this is safe."

She leers, as her eyes clash with a pair of ebony eyes of the man she desired for that night. The man, her prey. His eyes stay stagnant on her as if he is allured by what he saw, tempted by how arresting he just saw.

Too late

"Your order." She nods at the bartender, picking up the glass, enjoying the attention she was basking in, her eyes not for once leaving him. She swigs down a small sip, her senses curling up at the raw taste of alcohol that hits her palate almost immediately, mentally cursing that bartender for swindling her. She was sure she didn't want alcohol, not for a night like this. She wanted to stay sober, for she had things to do.

Her eyes deride when she finds him calling for a server and whisper something to him while pointing towards her. The waiter walks towards her, fumbling down the way, getting past the wasted bodies on the dance floor. Upon reaching, he gives her a tissue.

"He gave this to you." She looks up over his shoulder, finding her prey smirking at her.

Can I buy you a drink?

She scoffs, tearing the paper into shreds and putting them into the waiter's pocket. She then turns around, bracing the glass counter and putting away her Bluetooth device. She had done her part, now it was his turn. She knew that he would oblige to do whatever she wanted him to do.

Three

Two

One

"Playing hard, I see." Her nose scrunches up in revulsion, as the odour of whiskey that was reeking of him infuses around her. She could feel him dip his head closer to her side as he spoke. "I like that."

Oh, you would love that real soon

She darkens her derision as his palm rests on her thigh, his fingers skimming against her bare skin. She calms down the impulse to knock him off right at that very moment and turns to her left, smiling at him, her eyebrows perked up as though she was amused. "And why would I do that Mr-?" She trails off, shrugging her shoulders.