Becoming A Jock

I glanced at my phone smiling as it was a text from Mina.

Back from India, be at your house in 20.

I groaned as I opened my Math textbook. Calculus. I was on the edge of dying just by glancing at the word Calculus.

I sucked at numbers, but I desperately needed a B on the test Monday morning.

I heard a thundering knock on my window. I glanced at it and noticed it was my crazy Indian best friend Mina, she was dangling on the tree near my window. I hurriedly opened it letting her in.

"Ariella Maria Cortez, please don't tell me you did something stupid, so stupid it's social suicidal while I was away in Indian." She shook me gazing deeply into my eyes.

"What you mean?" I chuckled sitting on my bed, as she was adjacent to me.

"Well Jalynn told Camille and you know that girl is a gossip freak, anyways she told Lisa who told Kylie who told Rose who told Jasmine who told me you joined the football team."

"Well I was just tossing the ball and playing around with Max and Coach Fitz made me run across the field and he was like I think we found our new quarterback, see you Monday Cortez." I causally said.

Her hazel eyes grew wide "Ariel! Okay was Daniel, Logan, and Lance there?" She shook me again.

"Who are they? " I asked confused.

"Oh my god, I'm packing your things. Ariel you going with me to India, we changing our names to Paramgeet Praanga and Maysa Amal, girls that work at a baking store in Punjab India." She went into my closet placing clothes in my backpack.

"We need back stories. Uh we are far cousins and you somehow look you Spanish due to your dad who is my dad's brother who married a Spanish woman and had you and we decided to open a baking store" She snapped her fingers satisfied by the retarded words that escaped her lips.

"Mina would you relax, it's just football, a game." I patted her shoulder.

She laughed and gazed at me as if I was the crazy one "Do you know how jocks from the football team become jocks and have that cool jacket?"

I shook my head, confused.

"Well, the newbie has to prove themselves to the top jocks that they are capable of being a jock. Rumor has it they kidnap you and you have to do some stupid dares and typically boy stuff and they have to decide if you are worthy to wear the jock jacket, and since you are a girl they'll make it super hard on you."

"That's dumb Mina I just won't do their dare games, and coach really wants me to play, I think it will be kinda fun." I chirped.

"You don't have an option you sweetheart! What part of kidnap you to play their stupid games don't you get it, it's a tradition Arie and you wouldn't want to be the laughing stock of our high school and this small town. Where drama gets spread quickly" She exclaimed.

"I'll call the cops, to report kidnap" I firmly said.

"Yeah Lance's dad is the police chief and the sexy twin's mum is the best lawyer in town" She laughed showing no foam of sympathy. "On the bright side you'll be around the hottest guys in school Logan, Daniel, Lance, Mason and Jason the double hot twins" She half smiled, twisting her long straight hair.

The door bell rang.

"Ariel get the door it's Blake I'm not ready yet!" Celeste, my sister exclaimed which probably echoed throughout our acceptable sized apartment.

"What if it's them here to kidnap you! " Mina chewed on her nails.

I rolled my eyes. "Go home, and stay away from coffee."