lunch! (part 2)

|| hello my loves!!! I'm gonna try and make these a little longer since they have been criminally short lately I'm sorry!!! 😭😭||

TW: ED + self harm mentioned.

Charlie's POV:

After Tori and Michael came to ask us to come to lunch with them and my parents me and Nick just cuddled for a bit. I may have fallen asleep one or two times but that's besides the point. At the moment, I've just finished getting dressed for the occasion and I'm waiting for Nick to finnish getting ready as well.
I'm excited to see my mum and dad. I haven't seen them face to face since a little over a year ago, there was a tiny argument but it was resolved. They don't know me and Nick are engaged though, so I guess lunch is a good time to tell them.
"You ready to go?" Nick says coming down the stairs. "I've been ready for ages." I say laughing a bit. We both get into the car and I go to play some music. "Ooh. How bout some vampire weekend. " I say hovering my finger over the play button. "Sure!! That sounds good" Nick exclaims. I set my phone down and look at Nick for a minute. Hes so pretty. Still kinda shocked we are engaged. Speaking of. I need to think of how I'm gonna tell my parents about us. "Hey Nicky." I say. "Yeah? Whats up char." Nick says still Concentrating on the road. "Do you think my mum will approve of us being. Yk. Engaged." I say as we roll up to a red light. "Well. I think she would be fine with it right? She doesn't have anything against when we were just dating?" Nick said looking over at me for a moment with his sorta confused, but worried face. "Yeah. But its different. " I say slumped into the car seat. "How so?" Nick says setting his hand on my shoulder. "She might think it's too early or something. Plus dating and almost being married is completely different. And im not too sure she was even completely on board with the dating thing some times." I say looking out the window. "Well.. If it makes you feel any better, I can be the one to tell her. Honestly you don't even have to tell her yet, char." He says holding my hand back. "Yeah." I say.

nicks POV:

I can tell Charlie is getting slightly nervous. He hadn't talked to his mum about us getting engaged. Hes worried she will react badly. I think it will be ok, I mean, I don't think she will be toooo upset you know? It's not like she can do anything about it, charlies an adult now. it isn't really up to her. You know? He looked over to me so I gave him a soft smile. He smiled back. we arrive and walk into the little restaurant. I see his parents and point over to them to show char where they are. We walk over and get greeted by them. "Nick, Charlie! How nice to see you" Charlie's dad said with a large smile on his face. "Yes, hello!" Charlie says. "Hi! It's nice to see you guys too" I say smiling back. We sit next to each other at the large table everyone else was sat at. "So you're not gonna say hello to you're mother?" Charlie's mom said. "Oh. Hi mum. I'm sorry I thought dad was talking for both of you. " Charlie said. I thought so too, they tend to do that often. "Hello! Are we ready for drinks or maybe an appetizer over here?" A waitress said. They all ordered their drinks except me, "I would like-" I say after being cut off. "Wait. Nick Nelson?" The waitress said. She knows me?.. "Uh.. Do I know you?" I say. "Yeah! It's me Abby! We used to work at the restaurant down the street together.. Remember?" She said. Then I remembered. "What are you doing here then?" I say. "I got fired too. That manager is so strict..." Abby says. "You got fired??" Charlie's mother says. "Oh uhm. Yeah, he did, mum. But it's ok because he has a new job!" Charlie says. "I'll go get y'all your drinks... " Abby says walking away. "Why didnt you tell me he got fired??" Chars mum said. "Well, I didn't really think you would care. Plus it was right after our big argument." Charlie says getting tense. "Are you hidng anything else from me, Charlie??" Charlie's mother exclaimed. "Well. Yeah. Me and Nick we.. We are.. Erm." Charlie says. "Charlie we already know you're dating." Charlie's dad says. "No! He.." Charlie said putting his hand with the ring on his face, so they would see it. "I don't get it." Charlie's mum said. I look over at Charlie and give him a look asking 'can I tell them?' And he nods.

"I proposed. We're engaged." I said setting my hand on Charlie's.

Tori and Micheal already knew, so they didn't react. But chars parents... They where shocked. I think maybe they didn't think we would get to this point?

Chars mum sighed. "Congratulations, Charlie." She said with a smile.

|| I really have zero ideas guys 😭 I feel like these are getting kinda dry but if u guys like it plz tell me!! ||

(896 words)