Chapter 4: Council Insight

After the intense battle with Jackal, the guild reconvened to regroup and assess their next steps. Master Makarov knew that facing Tartaros and their devastating weapon, Face, would be no easy task. He suggested that Lucy and Erza visit an ex-Magic Council member named Crawford Seam. He believed that Crawford might have valuable information that could aid them in their mission. Natsu frowned as he heard the plan. He didn't like the idea of Lucy leaving his sight, not after the close call they had just experienced. His gut churned with unease, and he couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible might happen if she went alone.

Lucy noticed Natsu's apprehension, and a small, reassuring smile tugged at her lips. She approached him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, Natsu," she said softly. "We'll be back soon, and we'll bring back information that can help us stop Tartaros and Face."Natsu grunted, unable to form the words to express his concerns. He knew Lucy was strong and capable, but the world outside the guild was a dangerous place, especially with Tartaros on the move.

Erza stepped forward, her crimson hair cascading over her shoulders as she addressed the group. "We'll make sure to stay safe, but we must gather any information we can. Crawford Seam might hold the key to stopping Tartaros."

Lucy nodded in agreement. She understood that this was a crucial mission, and she had to face the risks it entailed. With a final reassuring glance at Natsu, she and Erza left the guild, determined to seek out the former council member.

Back in the guild, Natsu couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over him. He clenched his fists, his determination to protect Lucy stronger than ever. He vowed to himself that no matter what obstacles stood in their way, he would always be there to watch over her, to ensure her safety, and to taste the chaos that only she could bring to his world.

Lucy and Erza arrived at the residence of Crawford Seam, the former Magic Council member who was rumored to have crucial information about Tartaros and the Face weapon. The building exuded an air of importance, with its elegant architecture and imposing façade. As they entered, Crawford Seam welcomed them warmly, his demeanor oozing charm and hospitality. He led them to a tastefully decorated sitting room and gestured for them to take a seat. "Please, make yourselves comfortable," he said, a pleasant smile on his face.

Lucy and Erza exchanged glances and accepted the offer, sitting down on the plush chairs. Lucy's unease from earlier had not completely dissipated, but she tried to maintain a sense of caution. She knew they had to be careful when dealing with someone who had been part of the Magic Council.

Crawford Seam soon returned with a tray of tea and cups. He poured the tea and handed each of them a cup with a courteous smile. "I'm delighted to have guests like you in my home. Now, let's discuss how I can assist you in your quest."

Erza nodded appreciatively, sipping her tea with caution. "We're looking for information about Tartaros and their weapon, Face. We believe you might have insights that could help us."Crawford Seam's smile widened, but there was a glint of something unsettling in his eyes. "Ah, Face, you say? That is indeed a matter of great concern. I'm afraid I have some knowledge on the subject."

As they continued their conversation, Lucy couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. She glanced at her tea, suddenly feeling a sense of drowsiness creeping over her. Erza, too, seemed to be affected, her eyelids growing heavy.