When I Didn't Let Her In!

In our small household of four, there was an unspoken rule: no animals allowed

In our small household of four, there was an unspoken rule: no animals allowed. My parents were quite firm on this matter.

One day they went to attend some event, and I decided that I didn't want to go with them. And before they left the house, my mother urged me to eat on time, and by the time 12:30 rolled around, I was hungry, so I went to the kitchen. As I stood there, a strange sound caught my attention. It was coming from just outside the kitchen door, and when I looked, there she was—a stray cat.

This cat was a regular visitor in our neighborhood, wandering from one house to another, where someone always seemed to offer her a bit of food or milk. But my family had never been fond of animals, so it was unusual to see her here. However, being alone that day, I decided to be the one to break the tradition. and without much thought, I put out some food for her. She was gone as quickly as she had appeared after finishing her food.

To my surprise, this simple act of affection marked the beginning of a strange relationship. The cat started coming to our house every day, much to my mother's confusion. "Why is this cat coming here so often now?" she would ask, puzzled by the sudden change in the cat's behavior.

I explained to my mom that since she wasn't home that day, I had given the cat some food. My mother didn't like it, but she overlooked it and didn't care. But as the days passed and the cat's visits remained, she couldn't help but wonder.

And somewhere in the rush and chaos of daily life, I quickly forgot about the cat.

Then, one night, I had a dream. It was a bizarre and unsettling vision of a world in ruins, where I was the last living soul, surrounded by desolation and nothingness. I frantically searched for my parents, my heart pounding in my chest. Finally, in a desolate place, I spotted a cat trapped among the rubble and stones. As I got closer, my heart sank. The cat was lifeless, her eyes void of any spark. I couldn't explain why, but I felt a profound sense of grief and despair, and I cried uncontrollably. She was dead.

I woke up, startled and shaken, only to realize it had all been a dream. In the morning, I discovered my mom was busy feeding the cat her morning milk.

"What might have happened? Did the author eventually let the cat into the house? Does the cat still drink milk only from outside? Or did the author decide to leave the dream as just a dream? The ending is open to interpretation."