Chapter 9

~5 years ago~

"Dude. You're going to love her!" Matt said through my headset.

I rolled my eyes, "That's what you said about the last guy and I still don't talk to him."

"She's different though. More fun than the last guy. I didn't know he was going to be so boring." Matt giggled, "Her user is CozyYT and she is one of the funniest people I've ever played with!"

I chuckled, "Wow... I take offense to that, Matt."

"Good." Matt said smugly.

"When is she supposed to hop on call?" I asked.

Matt chuckled, "She is trying. Her setup is giving her a hard time. She's also a little nervous to meet you."

My eyebrows furrowed, "Why? I'm not that scary."

"Not in the slightest but you do have a lot of subs." Matt pointed out. Oh boy. Here came the subscriber talk again.

"3 million isn't that much. Well, it kinda is but not as much as the big YouTubers out there." I responded.

"You're a big YouTuber to her. Her words to be exact." Matt said, "She is hopping on right now." There was the discord sound of someone joining the call.

"Hey there Cozy!" Matt said.

"HI!" She said excitedly.

"What's up?" I said with a smile.

"Oh wow. Hi. You're Smii7y." She said giddy.

I sighed slightly. There it was. The curse of being famous. I couldn't even call myself famous but every new friend Matt introduced me to was the same. Always trying to treat me like some sort of king. "The one and only." I said.

"Well, nice to meet you. I'm Cozy. What are we playing? If we are playing anything?" She asked.

"I was thinking of Red Dead Redemption II." Matt offered.

"Oh, I love Red Dead!" She exclaimed.

"I'm down." I agreed. I pulled it up on my computer. I decided to record just in case this was a funny session with Cozy. She did seem a bit different compared to the other smaller streamers Matt found.

"I made a server. I'll invite you guys." Matt said. I waited for the invite and when I joined, I saw a cart and horse flipping into the air.

"What? What did you guys do?" I asked through my laughs.

Cozy was giggling, "I showed Matt a glitch." We continued to mess around on the map which ended up being one of the most funny sessions I had ever had.

"Uh- Matt. There's a train." I said as he was making his way to cross the train track but I saw the train coming.

"Ahh! Train!" Matt yelled before the train on the map hit him and his horse. Cozy and I burst out laughing. Once we settled down from laughing, Matt said he had to go and that was all he had time for.

"Goodbye Matt." I said in a funny tone.

He giggled, "Cya. Don't be rude to Cozy." There was the sound of him leaving the call.

Cozy gasped, "Are you rude to new streamers?" She asked jokingly.

"Oh absolutely. The meanest actually." I responded.

"Could've fooled me." She laughed.

I smiled slightly. Cozy seemed different from smaller YouTubers. Pleasant to be around and funny. "Smii7y? You there?" I heard Cozy's voice ask.

"Oh, yeah sorry. Multitasking." I said quickly. For some reason, I didn't want to leave the call just yet.

She chuckled, "Editing?" My eyes widened, remembering I had been recording and was still recording.

"Shit! Now I am." I said as I ended the recording. I heard her giggle. There was a comfortable silence on the discord. "So Cozy? When did you start your channel?" I asked.

"Oh god. A long time ago. Like 2011 I think. I was 12 maybe 13." She answered.

"Wow. The same year I started." I chuckled.

She giggled, "You were my ideal role model once you started to get popular. Only a dream to meet and shoot you in Red Dead."

I laughed, "That was a lucky shot." Somehow, we had gotten lost in conversation. We had to have been on call for hours after we left the game. Something I had never done with any of my online friends. It was kind of nice to get to know Cozy. "We are playing CSGO tomorrow and we need a fourth player since Puffer bailed. You wanna join?" I asked her.

"Sure! I'm not doing anything tomorrow." She said.

I smiled, "Bet."

There was something like the sound of a door opening. I heard voices but couldn't make out what was being said before everything went quiet. She must have muted her microphone. There was a bit of silence before I heard her voice again, "Sorry Smii7y. I got to go. You still chill with me joining the party tomorrow?"

"Absolutely. I won't be the only non-sweaty player there. Hopefully." I said jokingly.

"I heard her laugh, "Okay. Bet. Cya Smii7y." She left the call and I also left the call as well. I sat back in my chair and thought for a moment. My phone lit up on my desk. It was a text from Matt.

Matt: It's about time you two left the call. LOL.

Me: You were watching us?

Matt: Just checking up frequently. So what do you think of her? Imma guess positively since you guys were on call for four hours.

Me: She's cool. Invited her to our CSGO sesh tomorrow.

Matt: Awwwww.

Me: Stfu.

I smiled and set my phone back down on the desk. She was something else.