Five

January 1st, 2022 

TW: verbal and physical abuse

Zanisha's pov

Demetrius had then shoved me into the car and started to drive off. "Why are you acting like a dick right now? I mean you embarrassed me in front of Cory... how could you do that" Demetrius didn't say anything. 

"Demetrius I'm talking to you so answer me" He just continued to drive.

Twenty minutes later, he then finally said something "I embarrassed you? YOU EMBARRASSED ME! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT PUNK WAS TRYING TO BACK WITH YOU" he said screaming at me. "THAT'S BECAUSE HE'S NOT.... WHO WERE YOU ON THE PHONE WITH HUH??" I said screaming back at him.

He then said "That was just an old friend, okay..." he said now more relaxed and calmed down.

"Well why are you following Vera and liking most of her pictures?"

"I'm not following Vera nor am I liking any of her photos." 

At the red light, he opened his phone to instagram and showed me his following and Vera's account was nowhere to be found. "You see? You believe me now that Cory is trying to get back with you?"

I couldn't believe this, Cory lied to me to get me all riled up about something over nothing. I was gonna have a chat with him about this tonight.

"I'm sorry baby, I just thought... and the phone call"I was interrupted by him crashing his lips into mine.

"Don't be sorry for his actions, look how about tonight I take you over there to get Amari. For your safety" he said grabbing my chin.

"Okay that's fine with me"

It was time to go pick up Amari and Demetrius did exactly what he said he was gonna do and drove me over to Cory's house to pick her up. 

When we pulled over and parked by the street, he said "Hey if he does anything crazy to you, just yell and I will come running in there" he said squeezing my hand.

"I will" I then kissed him and got out the car and knocked on the door.

Cory opened the door "Hey Za-" I cut him off by walking in.

"Amari get your teddy bear and let's go" Amari then went up the stairs slowly to get her teddy bear from her room.

"Zanisha umm you're not gonna talk to me?" He said sounding confused

"Listen I just wanna get my daughter and go" I said not even looking at him.

"Look is it about earlier?... Because I just wanna let you know I'm just looking out for you"

I then turned around "Cory you're not looking out for anyone but yourself! How dare you try to ruin my relationship by lying to me?" I said angrily.

"Lying? Nisha I didn't lie about anything I mean the phone call and him following Vera were all true... I saw it with my own two eyes" 

"Meech showed me his following, he's not following her"

"The phone call at six in the morning?"

"An old friend"

"Nisha that's the oldest trick in the book and you believe it?"

"Cory I trust Demetrius okay? You don't need to worry about what me and him are doing"

"Demetrius doesn't care about you, I talked to him about you and all he could say was that he took you to Miami, he buys you nice things and he has had sex with you. He doesn't say anything about your personality or getting to know you" He said started to get angry