Healing the Tyrant ≫ Scourge x Female! Medicine Cat! Reader

Art: MapleSpyder

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Mild gore
• Mentions of violence and death
• Mild angst

This one-shot was requested by Candie_09. Thank you for showing your support!

****

What had started off as a simple walk through the less-used area of ThunderClan territory to find marigold and cobwebs was quickly turning into an absolute nightmare.

You had left at sunrise upon Cinderpelt's instruction, and despite going an entire night without sleeping or eating, you had obliged. Your clanmates were still suffering from the injuries they sustained in the battle with BloodClan the previous day, and you knew there was no time to be lost.

You had managed to collect a decent-sized clump of marigold from Snakerocks and was heading back the way you had come, when a concerning sound caught your attention. A soft moan, one only a cat who was in an intense amount of pain could make, crept out from a tiny clearing hidden behind a small pile of moss-dappled stones.

A bit unnerved but still wanting to help any injured or sick cat, you slowed your pace to a cautious stride and carefully pushed your way into the secluded area.

The first thing you noticed when you entered the clearing was the potent odor of fresh blood, a smell you were familiar with, but never quite got comfortable with. Even after your many moons of being a medicine cat, the sight of grizzly injuries and death still made you cringe.

Your gaze traveled across the brightly-colored grass, climbing upward towards a bloodstained patch of jet-black fur. Your breath caught in your throat, and you immediately rushed over to the wounded cat with the marigold you had collected gripped tightly in your jaws.

You chewed the golden flowers into a mushy pulp, opening your mouth and spitting it onto your pad. Carefully, you rolled the stranger onto his back, only to freeze. You immediately recognized the blood-red collar around his neck, studded with teeth and bones. It was barely clinging to him anymore due to the claws that had slashed his throat, but it was unmistakable. The bloody black tom was Scourge, the tyrant who had tried to destroy the clans and nearly killed your leader.

You hesitated, carefully weighing your options. Scourge had done nothing but harm the cats you loved, and part of you wanted to let him lay by the rocks and die slowly. However, you had taken a vow when you received your medicine cat name, and that vow was to never leave a sick or injured cat—even if said cat was from another clan—to suffer.

You glanced at the poultice on your right paw, letting out a sigh. What's the point of leaving him? This poultice will go to waste if I don't use it now.

You bent your neck downward, carefully snagging the shredded red collar in your jaws. One of the jagged old bones poked the roof of your mouth, making you grimace. You closed your eyes, taking a deep breath to compose yourself, then raised your head and tore the collar free of your new patient's wounded neck. It hit the ground behind you with a dull thunk, a sound that echoed through the silent forest for a few heartbeats.

Thank StarClan. You breathed silently as you realized the hasty removal hadn't caused anymore bleeding.

You sat down and began rubbing the chewed-up marigold onto his deepest wounds, working your way down his body until every gaping bite mark and claw scratch was smeared with it. You had began carefully rasping your tongue across his chest in an attempt to stimulate breathing so he wouldn't get a cough when he suddenly jolted awake, drawing in a sharp gasp and filling his lungs with air.