Chapter Four

Kaeya lost track of the time he’d been there, especially having moved only once over the course of what had in reality been almost four days. He could do nothing but watch the fatui members go about their business, more had arrived but most of them sat doing nothing. The agent from before seemed to be staring Kaeya down every time he looked in that direction.

“If you’re going to stare at me, at least tell me why I’m here,” Kaeya asked the agent, watching expectantly for an answer.
“You,” the agent started, sounding artificial and void of feeling, “are here to draw out your brother.” The explanation was simple enough, but even then it made no sense in Kaeya’s mind why, if that was their reason, they’d pick him of all people?

The blue haired man let out a hollow laugh, shifting his eyes away from the agent. “You’re wasting your time, then.” he scoffed. “He wouldn’t put that effort in for me.” Kaeya’s voice was almost as cold as the rest of him in that statement. The agent only shook his head, not seeming to believe Kaeya’s words. But what he’d said set wheels turning in his own mind.

Under the guise of sleep, Kaeya waited, listening closely until the entire cave was silent. By the time he was ready, the agent had long since left his watch to rest. Once sure it was possible, Kaeya forced himself to his feet and started moving. He stuck close to the wall, using it in part for balance and for cover.

Kaeya expected to be blinded as he stepped outside, still clinging to the wall as he started to look for the path. He thought he’d found his way, stepping out towards the path. Kaeya got a few steps away from the cave entrance before he was caught. He felt something sharp across his upper chest that also knocked him down to his backside. Kaeya gasped and looked up as the agent came out of stealth.
“Hmph. You’re not going anywhere anytime soon.”